Second Skin Audio

noob question on box rise..

i no this is going to be a dumb question but i have no idea what box rise means...i no alot of factors play when upgrading your system because its hard to tell if its going to be louder because of box rise, what is box rise? does it effect how loud the subs are gonna be and is box rise difference with other boxes?

I've never heard of that either..... I'm a noob too though lol.

I googled it and it looks like it's not that important unless you are competing, ya gotta catch all of those db's

box rise makes you quieter essentially. causes a raise in impedance, and effectively making your amp output less power.

edit: practically every system ever has some amount of box rise. the guys that build the extreme vehicles try out TONS of box designs to minimize this.

Edited by Kranny

Of course every box is different and how a sub reacts in a given enclosure is going to be different. That's only logical since rise is sub and box dependant. And I have to agree with the above, if youre not competing, and playing tones, don't worry about it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

box rise is the devil...will sweep in and steal your hopes and dream and you have no idea what happened and is unpredictable as hell...what helps some decrease it can do nothing for another...it sucks..unless youre a total numbers chaser like said above..dont worry bout it

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4