Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I know you prolly get allot of messages from random people asking you crap but I thought id give it a try. I'm new to bass but Im fricking addicted, like hardcore. Haha. Im getting my license in a few weeks and I already bought myself some 10's for my truck. Im not saying I know allot about subs and what not but i know allot more than the average guy. Butttt one thing im wondering is how do you correctly wire 2 amps together? like one for bass and the other for mids and highs, right now I have it wired like from my bass amp i have another little set of wires (Remote,power,ground) running from the same terminal to my mids an high amp, but that draws power away from the main amp, and then i take the Right RCA out of the main amp and plug it into the mids an highs amp, I know that is COMPLETELY wrong but that's the only way i know how to do it. If you could please take the time and reply i would reallyyyy appreciate that.

Thankyou

model number of amps? thats the most important thing we need to know.

im really surprised the wire hasn't melted from the way you have it wired.

you need to run either two completely separate power lines from the + post on the battery, one going to each amp. or a 0 gauge wire (or 4 gauge, depending on how big the amps are) coming from the + on the battery, going into a distribution block near the amps, and splitting into smaller wires that go into each amp.

seriously dont even turn your shit on with the way its wired now.

each amp should have its own separate ground line, that gets bolted to the frame of the car, or onto the strut tower. either option has to have all the paint/rust sanded off where the wire lug contacts the metal, so that the metal is nice and shiny.

Most common way to wire multiple amps would be to run individual power wires from your power source (buss bar, rear batt, distro block, etc), remote wire split to trigger each amp (more than three amps and I use a relay) and a set of RCA's from your HU to each amp. RCA's connect to the amps according to their preout designation on the HU....sub out to sub amp, front and rear out to the mids/highs amps. If you only have one set of preouts then you'll need to use a splitter. Hope that was simple enough for ya.

And "allot" aint a fuckin word, its "a lot".....two words and one L.

And I got ninja'd by Kranny. Phone typing FTL

model number of amps? thats the most important thing we need to know.

im really surprised the wire hasn't melted from the way you have it wired.

you need to run either two completely separate power lines from the + post on the battery, one going to each amp. or a 0 gauge wire (or 4 gauge, depending on how big the amps are) coming from the + on the battery, going into a distribution block near the amps, and splitting into smaller wires that go into each amp.

seriously dont even turn your shit on with the way its wired now.

each amp should have its own separate ground line, that gets bolted to the frame of the car, or onto the strut tower. either option has to have all the paint/rust sanded off where the wire lug contacts the metal, so that the metal is nice and shiny.

What Kranny said, fused distro blocks for power and you can either ground separately or purchase a ground distro as well. While you're running wires from the front batt if you can just run your ground from up front as well kill two birds with one stone. If you're as addicted as you say you are then do a run of pos and neg from now so you save the hassle of upgrading later.

P.S. If you have been playing your system with the way it is now then you got lucky but stop it now. Welcome to SMD :drinks:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Most common way to wire multiple amps would be to run individual power wires from your power source (buss bar, rear batt, distro block, etc), remote wire split to trigger each amp (more than three amps and I use a relay) and a set of RCA's from your HU to each amp. RCA's connect to the amps according to their preout designation on the HU....sub out to sub amp, front and rear out to the mids/highs amps. If you only have one set of preouts then you'll need to use a splitter. Hope that was simple enough for ya.

Actually allot is a word it was just used in the wrong context :peepwall::lol:.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I would change two things on here but this gives you a visual. You should run rcas from your headunit to amps...not speaker wire. And second I would run a ground to frame/metal/and a ground from there up to negative on battery in 4or0 gauge depending on how much power you are running(total).

1040D-Diagram.jpg

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Actually allot is a word it was just used in the wrong context :peepwall::lol:.

True. Ya go me there. LoL

Archived