Second Skin Audio

2 15's or 2 18's in a 4.4ft^3 net box

Two proper 12's will be louder than one 18 in a tiny box.

I would do one 15in Zcon on two of those 1500's strapped and it would throw down

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

I love the lows, tuned currently at 27hz but thinking about adding another 4inch aero so I can be around 35hz and plug it up when I want to go lower. Yeah I cant wait to hear the SA's Id rather do 2 of something than 1 15 but 1 18 is tempting lol that sounds awesome

Huh?!?! Adding port length LOWERS tuning, not raises it. Have I not see the box you speak of? If the box I'VE seen is the box you're referring to, you're not tuned to 27Hz. Not with a 3" aero like I remember.

The whole,"more is better" does not apply in this hobby. PROPERLY done trumps quantity all day of the week. Please keep reading around here and learn the basics of what makes a great install. It's not about "cramming what fits", just for the fact that it FITS.

I do NOT mean to come off as harsh with my comments, but you need to either learn more(which I'm all about) or learn to express your thoughts and ideas better with written word)which many, including myself, struggle with).

In conclusion, please keep reading and jeep learning, forgive me for sounding like a dick, and get crackin on building a badass setup. Please stay open minded as well, nothing pisses most peoe off worse than a hard head that won't take good advice, or at least consider it. Have a nice day :)

*Edit-I did see that you said add ANOTHER port altogether. I see what you're up to. That was my bad on the reading.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I love the lows, tuned currently at 27hz but thinking about adding another 4inch aero so I can be around 35hz and plug it up when I want to go lower. Yeah I cant wait to hear the SA's Id rather do 2 of something than 1 15 but 1 18 is tempting lol that sounds awesome

Huh?!?! Adding port LOWERS tuning, not raises it. Have I not see the box you speak of? If the box I'VE seen is the box you're referring to, you're not tuned to 27Hz. Not with a 3" aero like I remember.

The whole,"more is better" does not apply in this hobby. PROPERLY done trumps quantity all day of the week. Please keep reading around here and learn the basics of what makes a great install. It's not about "cramming what fits", just for the fact that it FITS.

I do NOT mean to come off as harsh with my comments, but you need to either learn more(which I'm all about) or learn to express your thoughts and ideas better with written word)which many, including myself, struggle with).

In conclusion, please keep reading and jeep learning, forgive me for sounding like a dick, and get crackin on building a badass setup. Please stay open minded as well, nothing pisses most peoe off worse than a hard head that won't take good advice, or at least consider it. Have a nice day :)

lol no worries dude im talking about this box

61e486f2.jpg

and adding another 4 inch aero puts me at 35hz they are 4 inch 16 inch long

this is the box i've been talking about the whole time. The other box youre thinking of is like 1.5cubes net

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

That same box and subs would be louder if you just rearranged the subs/ ports.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If it was mine, the subs and ports would face rearward.

But that assumes the box is tall enough.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Do you know what your port are per cubic foot is in this box you've got pictured?

port volume is .27ft^3

gross volime is 4.97

port area is 25.12in^2

So roughly a little less than 5 sq. inches of port per cube?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived