Second Skin Audio

Beginner Wall Advice? Noob moments enclosed.

I really don't want any 'IB4L" posts, because I'm not meaning to post a vs thread. But if you could only go $250 a piece on subs, what would you get? I don't want to find one thing and get my mind stuck on it, because I was stuck on RF and Soundstream before I got here and saw things that are so much better for the price. I really don't wanna go much higher than $250, but if I have to I will. It'll just take longer on the build.

I'm really considering a 4th order. I have some plans for one. Basically, it'll be three independant boxes that join together with t-nuts (lots), and the subs will use the sides of the ported part as the baffle. I can get 6.88cuft before displacement on the two sealed boxes, and 15cuft before displacement for the ported side. I want to go with 4 15s, two in each sealed box, somewhere around 750-1000wrms.

Here's a few that have caught my eye:

GCons

DC Lvl 3s

Sundown

Dayton Audio Titanic MKIII

Still have no clue on an amp. Hifonics got my attention for the wattage vs price, but what's some others?

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

sundown FTMFW, the SA series are rated at 600wrmslol. I have not heard any DC level 3's but I have heard from other people that the SA series can take more power than the level 3 line even though both say they're rated at 600wrms.

just my 2 cents on what I know about those sub lines that you listed

Edited by Crandis16

Skar VVX, Fi SSD, Obsidian perhaps.

I'm really considering a 4th order. I have some plans for one. Basically, it'll be three independant boxes that join together with t-nuts (lots), and the subs will use the sides of the ported part as the baffle. I can get 6.88cuft before displacement on the two sealed boxes, and 15cuft before displacement for the ported side. I want to go with 4 15s, two in each sealed box, somewhere around 750-1000wrms.

I really have no idea what you're saying, but three separate boxes does not sound like a good idea.

And since you seem to be new at this, I would recomment NOT trying a 4th order. Start out with some ported boxes. Build your woodworking skills, find out what sounds good to you, etc.

I was the same way before joining here. My advice is just do some research. Tons of resources available on this forum alone. As far as level 3's I have a pair coming and can not wait to see the comparison to my rockford p3 12's.

I was the same way before joining here. My advice is just do some research. Tons of resources available on this forum alone. As far as level 3's I have a pair coming and can not wait to see the comparison to my rockford p3 12's.

I have two R1s right now. Not too shabby for 150 a piece, but not what I want either.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

Idk. It'll be about a year before I get a big build really going, so I've got time to figure it out.

Did the math. I actually have room for 8 15s in a fourth order. I'm trying to do something on sketchup real quick.

Edit- I mean I MIGHT. If 1.5cuft per sub in the sealed side and 15cuft is enough for the ported side. I could polyfill if I had to. I'm working with a Malibu like Scottichbears if that helps. 98, four door coupe.

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Amp wise idk if you can beat hifonics

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

I don't see you fitting 8 15s in a malibu especially in a 4th order. I assume you are doing a wall with a build as big as you say. And have you ever built a wall? if not I would not suggest you trying to make a 4th order as your first wall build.

you cant go wrong with sa15s or dc lvl 3s but I would say with DC changing up their lines the lvl 2 will be closer to the sa line from sundown

If you're really tight on budget as far as power is concerned, I recommend the APSM series. As much as everyone hates Audiopipe, I'm running two 1500's in my truck (conservatively 'till I get electrical straightened out), was running one at 0.5 ohms for a while with little issues (did overheat on a really hot day but you have to really beat on it), but for the price they're great 'till you can afford Sundown, Skar, RF, etc.

Subs...I'd do two SA-8's in a T-line with that much room :lol: Just to see the looks on people's faces. But that's my opinion. DC, SA, Skar, all great subs for the price. Or if you can land a set of used AQ's, they aren't as great as DC's or SA's, but they are good for the price.

POTATO!