Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

who says this is how i tune it? i never said i dont have a DD-1. lol.

and by "everyone"

i meant everyone turns their remote gain max, tunes the amp with the gain on the amp with a DD-1..

now what im doingg.. iss

turning the amp on max, and tuning the amp with the gain knob.

pic of DD-1 with your name by it or GTFO

if your not clipping the amp with the gain maxed or bass knob

i bet your head unit is maxed out and EQ set to a preset "powerfull"

i can smell the clipping from here

never said i had a dd-1 either. read.

never said my amps are tuned, or i ever tuned my amp to begin with, could be sitting at min for all you know..

head unit is at +5/15 SW 32/35 volume, bass at -4 EQ on "USER"

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I was just outside bored out of my mind and i decided to play with my amp.

the discovery i made is that on my SK-1500 in order to PROPERLY use the bass knob (GAIN KNOB) to its fullest potential, you MUST turn the gain on the amp all the way to max.

i found this out after i saw it half way turned up, i was like meh, i feel better if it was all the way down so in case the cable got pulled out of the gain knob the amp isnt raped.

so i turned it all the way down, and turned the car on and started listening to it, immediately realizing that my 1/3 1/2 and full tilt volumes were lacking bass..

so i went back to the amp after turning it off and turned the gain all the way up (no, its not all the way up on my bass knob (gain knob))

turned my system on and again, immediately realized that for about the 2 months ive had the amp i havent been at true full tilt.

my remote bass knob, is a gain knob. (just in case theres that one person that does not understand.)

bass boost is always off.

im not sure if this is a well known fact or whatever, but ive never seen it posted and thought i'd let everyone know, that hey! if your using a gain knob, its limited by what your amps gain is set at.

ok, so where does the discovery come in to the story? i see nothing here that isnt already common knowledge.

first post. if its common knowledge great, i specifically said for those who "dont know"

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Fuck it, I quit.

WhattheactualfuckABANDONTHREAD_8c9cf78d3c3f5cbcaf0bcd1939ebf924.gif

x2 im done here. you've lost my respect, and every other members respect by being a hard headed cunt.

im not trying to push MY ways down your already shit lined throat. im telling you the correct, and proven ways.

If I remember correctly via the dd1 instructions you're suppose turn the knob up halfway and tune the amp but Sheena the part you're missing that Kranny is infuriatingly trying to explain to you is that if for any reason the wire gets pinched or unplugged your amp would instantly go to playing at max and you will fry everything. The biggest issue with your philosophy is it is not thought out all the way you missed the cons in your logic and they out weigh the pros. Not to mention the knob can get bumped as well. Do yourself a favor and tune at the amp. Don't destroy your system man its an expensive investment you don't want to have to make a second time. I get what you're trying to do but in the eloquent words of Kranny its dumb as shit. I hope you would reconsider your logic so you can continue to enjoy your bass.

EDIT: dude honestly you probably don't give two shits what any of us say but do me a favor and keep your logic to yourself because I would hate for a noob to come to this forum searching for answers, find your thread, use your logic and then flame SMD for fucking up their gear. I get it you're a rebel beg to be different cool for you bro but please keep ot to yourself because the logic will cost someone else if they listen to it. I don't mean any disrespect at all I am asking you to just keep "what you know" to yourself so we don't confuse any noobs or send them down the wrong path.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

and by "everyone"

i meant everyone turns their remote gain max, tunes the amp with the gain on the amp with a DD-1..

now what im doingg.. iss

never said my amps are tuned, or i ever tuned my amp to begin with, could be sitting at min for all you know..

lol all those settings are probably wrong. i can tell you two right there are wrong just by looking.

and by "everyone"

now what im doingg.. iss

WOW mindfuck?

the reason why it seems louder is because either:

A) your over powering your subs (which will most likely kill them because you obviously have ZERO knowledge about car audio other than "BASS KNOB FTMFW!!!!!!!" )

B ) your clipping your subs giving them a stronger signal YET hazardous/dirty signal

32 out of 35 volume!??!?!?! LOL

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

If I remember correctly via the dd1 instructions you're suppose turn the knob up halfway and tune the amp but Sheena the part you're missing that Kranny is infuriatingly trying to explain to you is that if for any reason the wire gets pinched or unplugged your amp would instantly go to playing at max and you will fry everything. The biggest issue with your philosophy is it is not thought out all the way you missed the cons in your logic and they out weigh the pros. Not to mention the knob can get bumped as well. Do yourself a favor and tune at the amp. Don't destroy your system man its an expensive investment you don't want to have to make a second time. I get what you're trying to do but in the eloquent words of Kranny its dumb as shit. I hope you would reconsider your logic so you can continue to enjoy your bass.

agreed with the wire pinching, but if my wire ever is in a pinching situation, ill be out more than a $400 amp. (wire secured into place with zip ties under the carpet)

krannys telling me how to tune my system.. which is not why i made this thread, which is why im ignoring/pushing his advice away.

if i made a thread asking for help, then yeah, he can be mad.. but i didnt.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

and by "everyone"

now what im doingg.. iss

WOW mindfuck?

the reason why it seems louder is because either:

A) your over powering your subs (which will most likely kill them because you obviously have ZERO knowledge about car audio other than "BASS KNOB FTMFW!!!!!!!!!@(R#$#$%#$)

B ) your clipping your subs giving them a stronger signal YET hazardous/dirty signal

32 out of 35 volume!??!?!?! LOL

KDC-X395, pretty sure its supposed to have a clean signal up till 34 or something for S/W.. its over in the where does my head unit clip at thread.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived