Sonic Electronix

IB wall not hitting as low as my box was

Please go out to your trunk and give me useable dimensions to build a box. If you had to slide it though the open section from inside the car, would that work? Like build the box and slide it THROUGH the opening to the trunk from inside the cabin? Are you following what I'm saying?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

and this is why it pays to do research before you go wasting money on material and wasted time/effort

woofers have to be designed for IB use..a type r is NOT designed for that..

also flip the sub around (ive always learned the trunk IS the "box" for the sub) and everysingle hole n gap has to be airtight.. also IB sounds wayy differnt than a ported box..

so easiest way to fix what youve done.. make a new box face it forward and foam it up..and make trim panels to fill it out..

eventually your woofer will fail..if your using it for a purpose other than intended

and no tuning a box at 32 doesnt mean it wont play anything above 32 etc.. it will just be louder in them freq range..

my box is tuned to 28 hz i can play down to basically 15hz and peak at 39hz

okay guys so i think there is some confusion of people thinking i want to replace the back seat, i want to have my back seat UP for potential passengers. and have the sub in the trunk. its down for pix,

sierra the dimensions i can fit a box in thought the smallest point at the frame behind the back seat is 26w x 16h and 8 deep at the top and 11 deep at the bottom.

ideally i want it to be lightweight, sound like my old box, and llook like the new panel.

okay guys so i think there is some confusion of people thinking i want to replace the back seat, i want to have my back seat UP for potential passengers. and have the sub in the trunk. its down for pix,

sierra the dimensions i can fit a box in thought the smallest point at the frame behind the back seat is 26w x 16h and 8 deep at the top and 11 deep at the bottom.

ideally i want it to be lightweight, sound like my old box, and llook like the new panel.

and i think your not understanding what were saying..not saying ooo take the backseat out totally NO..

a "trunkwall" is simply just a forward firing ported box thats foamed in.. so ALL the air is directed into the cabin..

and your seats flip down like 99% of cars out there.. so flip it up when u got some1 riding there.. simple as that

Then make it a sealed chamber off of the dimensions you provided. You don't have enough room to run it ported with those dimensions. You MIGHT be able to run a 4" single aero port, but you'd need to have 4" of clearance in front(pointing the the cabin(and still sealed off) to allow it to breathe. If you weren't going to give it room, it would be choked and sound like shit most likely. What kind of box are you referring to over and over so I have an idea of what used to be in there? I think a sealed box is going to be about the route you should go.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

pre fab boxes suck.. doesnt even say what its tuned to..

take basically that same design.. have the port on the same baffle as the sub ( firing TOWARD the inside of the cabin) foam all the gaps up and bam..

or not worry about porting it and just do a sealed box..

Archived