Sonic Electronix

IB wall not hitting as low as my box was

im worried sealed isnt going to be as vibraty as i liked. but if i can get my windshield flex bass with sealed i can live with it

do WHAT?? so flex is cool to you? highky doubt ur going to have any flex at all with a single 500w sub lol..

hell ive spent 100s of dollars in foam and deadener just so nothing flexes at all

thanks sierra, im trying to figure out what to do with it at this point, i dont want an ib wall apparently when i thought i did. i dont want a speaker firing into the cabin i want the backseat up all the time for the mostpart. after re reading through all the suggestions i think im going to make a ported box and see if i can use what i have as a front panel, or move it out further and make a new front, i was really hoping to use what i have because of the time spent on it. but if i cant i cant :(

okay guys so i think there is some confusion of people thinking i want to replace the back seat, i want to have my back seat UP for potential passengers. and have the sub in the trunk. its down for pix,

sierra the dimensions i can fit a box in thought the smallest point at the frame behind the back seat is 26w x 16h and 8 deep at the top and 11 deep at the bottom.

ideally i want it to be lightweight, sound like my old box, and llook like the new panel.

You can leave the sub face the direction that it is. Why can't you run the enclosure further into the trunk though? You clearly have the space if you wanted to do a 4" aero port with your setup(since you're limited on airspace). But you need to have about 1-1.5 cubic feet of air to feed that sub in the enclosure. Your ENTIRE trunk is clearly too big and that sub isn't designed to be run in an infinite baffle.You have options, but if you HAD box in the trunk at one point, I'm confused as to why you can't have one back there now.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i thought the wall would be cool and was for weight saving because i lost like 40lbs switching from the box to the wall. i knew about sealing but i didnt know i needed a special woofer. so im kinda scrapping the IB idea. im trying to morph the wall into a box, preferabbly ported because it gives more vibrating bass correct?

also i dont know what an aero port is.

type r's are not made for IB, they work best in a ported alignment

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived