'79 El Camino - DD SS1a is in

I can't remember honestly...I think I went slightly larger on SD if i remember right...but it was a few months ago when I designed the box...pics are in the Tline thread. I designed the box so later on I could use a new Sundown woofer whenever the new frames come out..either x or Z series.

Im using about 800-900w LOL. .if it bottoms out too much or takes a crap I have an extra recone and I can always bring the gain down.

No build log yet Im waiting until my cheapy componenets come in and its all installed with pics.

Here is pics of the VVX10 (its pink) and the building of the box. I have since sprayed it with the grey trunk coating thats textured. I might black over it, Im not sure yet. Its getting a plexi window for the sub also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/157795-first-time-buildingassembling-a-sub-pink-basket/page__hl__%2Bfirst+%2Bpink

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Makes sense due to the fact that the new baskets for the 10's are oversized a little.

That's a bit of power to be throwing into a t-line lol, though I think it may be harder to bottom out the vvx with how low the tuning has to be compared to other woofers.

I'll definitely have to check out the log once you put it up.

I remember seeing that thread; the craftsmanship made me jealous since I only have circular and saber saws to work with.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Another update already? Yes. Have to let some glue dry before I can continue.

So for the sonotube in the corners, I routed 1/8" so I could flush it with the port walls for slightly better airflow. Didn't notice anything wrong with how I did it on the box for the SA, but why not do it?

DSC01561_zps5aa869c5.jpg

Then put some glue on the parts of the sonotube where it will mate with the depression and clamp it. One side at a time so the other side doesn't pull away at all.

DSC01560_zps4d38c1e2.jpg

Starting to get somewhere:

DSC01562_zpsa54f3fac.jpg

That's it for now. Maybe another update later today?

'79 El Camino

I like it. The sonotube looks really good. Has anyone done back to back tests..same box with or without 45's or sonotubes when t comes to T-line boxes? I've always been interested as it's been shown in normal ported boxes sometimes 45's can hurt/or help your score.

Yea its alot of power I guess since its over RMS. I think I will be ok as long as I set my filters right and dont go below what its tuned. I got stuck at 2ohm though because I messed up and ordered two of the wrong recones in dual 4 not dual 2...so Im stuck at 2ohm which is supposedly 900w on my ppi1300.. I guess only time will tell.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'm not sure if anyone has, but t-lines are oriented toward a flat response curve rather than spl and the rounded corners are to keep a constant port area to help the curve.

Sounds like a smart idea. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Running power lower than RMS in a t-line usually will allow you to play a bit below tuning. I believe according to the physics of the quarter wave, if the enclosure is done properly and with the right amount of power, it should be able to play an octave lower than the tuning freq. I was giving my SA8 400-450 watts (tuned at 44) and it would play down to 33-34 without issues; the 28 Hz peak in Want it I got it ended up tearing the spider and a tinsel lead at the triple joint.

'79 El Camino

Keep the updates coming, this will turn out amazing.

My father fully restored and built El Camino, keep up the great work!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Great start

Keep the updates coming, this will turn out amazing.

My father fully restored and built El Camino, keep up the great work!

Thanks for the support; makes me want to get the box done and in the truck even more.

Figured I'd let anyone who's interested in knowing what's going on what's happening as of today.

Today was the first day back in classes for the semester and my Tuesdays and Thursdays are kinda long so I didn't feel like getting too involved in the build tonight but I did notice a few things. First of all, I didn't route enough space out to fit the sonotube in the corners without it pulling away from the mdf but I have a solution for that which will be in an update I'll post tomorrow after that part is done. Secondly, I realized one of my cuts was off by 1/4" but is easily fixable since it was 1/4" too much in a place where I can fit the jigsaw. Both issues will be taken care of first thing tomorrow and then the rest of the box should be finished at some point tomorrow as well. After that, I just have to figure out how tall I need to make the legs, cut 'em, glue 'em on, do some rounding over on the outside of the box, and paint it. I expect to have it in the truck and playing at least by the end of this weekend.

Tl;dr - found problems, found solution, working on it tomorrow, and progress update tomorrow.

'79 El Camino

good job bro......... i wish i had never got rid of my el camino

Thanks a lot. I hope I never have to get rid of either of mine. What year was yours?

Here's a pic of my '81, I'll have to start a log for that one at some point when I actually start doing something to it... maybe this weekend when I get a new fuel pump in it.

DSC01518_zps1a3c981d.jpg

'79 El Camino

Archived