XS Power

this may have already been answered i searched for a good 20 mins to find the best answer to my question and only came up with this:

any xs power batteries mixed with non xs power batteries can deplete overall lifetime and performance of the xs power batteries!

so here is my problem lol...

i have 3 brand new d975s that are going in the back of my truck for a "midget battery bank"

and i have a (N)ever start 700 maxx upfront (bought it from a friend when my optima started resting @ 11.8 )

im at the point of my build that i need to run the 1/0 and get the battery bank hooked up but i really dont want to "mix" them with that shitty flooded upfront!

i plan on ordering a d925 for upfront tonight or tomorrow and it should be here by next week sometime. so my question is..............................................

if i hook up the back batteries to the front for lets say no longer than a week could i cause any serious problems to the D975s?

or am i better off waiting the week or so till the d925 comes?

the only reason i ask is i dont have my 4 channel hooked up and driving around with no music at all is kill me :(

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Bear Gri11z

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Im pretty sure its the other way around. the amg batteries bring down the wet battery

the agm batts usually rest higher than wetcells, therefore if you connect the agm with the wetcells, the wetcell will think that the agm is some type of charge and bring down the voltage of the agm to where they will "even out".

edit causing the agm (if it rest bellow 12.6v) to develop sulfation on the cells, making that part of the cell pretty much dead.

Edited by ALAMO695

no the wet cell will kill the agm, happened to me shits no fun. Just wait a week dude. OR make a small buss bar where ever your 0ga is running and hook your 4 channel up to that.

Edited by Tebo

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Im pretty sure its the other way around. the amg batteries bring down the wet battery

HAHAH really?

i assumed it would cause problems with the d975s

because from my understanding the batteries that have the highest resting voltage (my d975s rest @ 12.7x NEW never charged and my flooded rests at like 12.3 or some crap) will be drained by the battery with the lower voltage... im just wondering if a week is a long enough time to cause damage

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

i was thinking for the week or so shipping time ill just put one of the d975s upfront and have the other two in the back....

im still REALLY REALLY nervous to put a xs power battery under the hood because the radiator is RIGHT next to the factory battery location.....

might have to buy one of those cases they sell for it to :(

"so much money and time spent making copper windings move up and down a magnetic pole"

HAHAH really?

i assumed it would cause problems with the d975s

because from my understanding the batteries that have the highest resting voltage (my d975s rest @ 12.7x NEW never charged and my flooded rests at like 12.3 or some crap) will be drained by the battery with the lower voltage... im just wondering if a week is a long enough time to cause damage

yeah makes sense the other way idk where i heard the wet gets brought down. i have all AGM batts lol

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

so what is the verdict. does using a flooded (stock) battery and an XS AGM or other bat togehter hurt the AGM bat or the flooded stock bat? and is it ok to combine and use both at once?

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick