Second Skin Audio

Wall behind 2nd row or right behind 1st row?

im doing 4 15 Fi SSD's in a street box (16 cubes after displacement tuned to 28-29ish hz ) on 5k

im not expecting huge numbers

from my understanding walls are mainly to get numbers as it shortens the air space

im thinking after this build (even if its100% to my expectations ) ill wall it off and go big on some monster power i already removed my back seats lol

Not really true, there's people with walls who genuinely dont give a fuck about numbers :rofl:

Walls to me are big, bad, punch you in the back of your head bass, sometimes numbers aren't important.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

im doing 4 15 Fi SSD's in a street box (16 cubes after displacement tuned to 28-29ish hz ) on 5k

im not expecting huge numbers

from my understanding walls are mainly to get numbers as it shortens the air space

im thinking after this build (even if its100% to my expectations ) ill wall it off and go big on some monster power i already removed my back seats lol

Not really true, there's people with walls who genuinely dont give a fuck about numbers :rofl:

Walls to me are big, bad, punch you in the back of your head bass, sometimes numbers aren't important.

ok most people who do care about numbers wall their shit... didnt mean to make it sound like ONLY WALL IF YOU ARE GOING STRAIGHT SPL! lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

soooo, shouldi do a 6th order then? or what would you do?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

soooo, shouldi do a 6th order then? or what would you do?

if you can get someone who knows what theyre doing to design you a 6th order by all means go for it.....but i will say this.... very few out there id trust to design one cause they seriously easily fall flat on their face lol see if you can get Ray to work you something up

Edit: but in all reality id stick to a street box due to the simple facts its ALOT easier to build and you still got the back seats..which are for sure nice to have

Edited by pa-pa-platypus

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

tuning in to this one. I was wandering the exact same thing. How much of a difference would there be going from a standard wall to a 6th order? Is it a big enough difference to have to rebuild my box?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

tuning in to this one. I was wandering the exact same thing. How much of a difference would there be going from a standard wall to a 6th order? Is it a big enough difference to have to rebuild my box?

6th orders are tricky to get right... that is the biggest draw back of them they take alotta experience in designing and testing to become good at....BUT if they are done right they can get NASTY loud but so can a regular ole ported wall when done right

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

ok, and i have no experience with 6th orders so that would be difficult. I am most likely just gonna build a wall behind my second row. My box is already done so now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna seal it off.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

do you think ray would be able to get me plans on a 6th order? and be able to get every measurment to "where it should be" then the rest is up to me being able to get the measurments right

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened