Blinking White Line

My friend has and alienware laptop, and he said that when he goes to turn the thing on that there is a little flashing white line in the upper left hand corner of the screen and it doesnt load the operating system.. I have came across this problem before but I forgot how I fixed it. What does it mean?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

My friend has and alienware laptop, and he said that when he goes to turn the thing on that there is a little flashing white line in the upper left hand corner of the screen and it doesnt load the operating system.. I have came across this problem before but I forgot how I fixed it. What does it mean?

Usualy means that the computer is trying to boot/read from a different device than your hard drive that your OS is stored on. Try removing any CD ROM's, flash drives, netowrk cable and floppy drive. If that dosent work load the bios and check that the laptop is botting from the hard drive first. If that still dont work, you may have a problem with the OS's boot file, or something related.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

reset you bios then boot to a last known good configuration. if it doesnt work recovery

Yea good idea. Enter your bios config and selet factory defaults. Then try to boot again.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg

reset you bios then boot to a last known good configuration. if it doesnt work recovery

I am not sure I know how to do that with his computer, and I dont want to fuck anything up. It shouldnt be doing this because they just sent it in like 2 months ago because something was wrong with the keyboard and I believe they had to reinstall windows, cause why they got it back I had to introduce it to the network again so that they could print from a different computer and shit like that...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I am not sure I know how to do that with his computer, and I dont want to fuck anything up. It shouldnt be doing this because they just sent it in like 2 months ago because something was wrong with the keyboard and I believe they had to reinstall windows, cause why they got it back I had to introduce it to the network again so that they could print from a different computer and shit like that...

upon boot read the screan that flashes, it should say something like "Press F2 To enter setup" or something along those lines, its usualy the F2 , F12 or DEL key. Once in the BIOS menu browse for a tab or menu that has an option to "Load Factor Defaults" or something along those lines.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

logoblack.jpg