Im buying some rims from a guy but he had them painted and I want to make them look originally, how do I get the paint off without killing the rims?

Original:

120531_0000.jpg

Now:

120518_0004.jpg

Repaint?

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Is that originally chrome or brushed aluminum? If it's chrome you're never going to get that back. To paint the rims properly they would have been sanded, essentially ruining the chrome.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I guess there is a few things you could try, like some fine steel wool and rubbing compound. Anything I can think of could possibly do damage. The best bet imo would be to not buy those exact rims and buy some ones that are already they way you like.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

only thing i can think of it so carefully sand away and polish the parts that where not black to begin with, might not look the exact same as the first picture but it will still give you that two tone look

im pretty sure the center cap on those wheels is metal too so you can polish it the same way

Just a quick update, found a good way to get it off!!! Fingernail polish remover and paper towels!!! Lol.. No scratching and it came right off! Pics up shortly

fuck didnt think of that, looks good

need to go bigger!!

does the front stick out more than the rear? im sure it does, my jimmy was the same way til i got spacers for the rears

EDIT: that right rear looks low :hi:

Edited by BeatBox