I just purchased this card, and I was hoping that it would be better then my ATI X800 videocard (256mb GDDR3) and the new videocard is 512 GDDR3... I tried to play call of duty 4 and it defaults the resolution at 800x600... Well that doesnt bother me too much except for the fact that when the game loads the whole screen has a shade of pink, so I upped the resolution to 1280x720 and the pink is gone but it lags horribly...

Computer Specs

AMD X2 3800+ Dual core overclocked at 2.35GHz

1 gig Corsair XMS Memory (512x2)

Radeon HD 2600 video card

250 gig hdd with a 60 gig slave (IDE)

What could the problem be?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Well Im pretty sure ATI cards do not run vertical sync, but they may. If they do turn it off...

Is there a link you can find with the actual card? all that site is showing me is the 2600 series specs. Theres different specs for the xt and pro series.

Reason Im asking is because the cards will be different. So if you can find your card on newegg.com that is idenical with the same coreclocks and memclocks it help a bit

First question. How did the game run with your old card?

Does the card ask for a external power plug? If it does are you using it, and is your powersupply enough to handle it? Most video cards need at least a 15amp 12volt rail.

And is this a actual ati card, or is this just a ati chipset made by another company such as sapphire, his, visiontek, powercolor, diamond, and asus?

Well Im pretty sure ATI cards do not run vertical sync, but they may. If they do turn it off...

Is there a link you can find with the actual card? all that site is showing me is the 2600 series specs. Theres different specs for the xt and pro series.

Reason Im asking is because the cards will be different. So if you can find your card on newegg.com that is idenical with the same coreclocks and memclocks it help a bit

First question. How did the game run with your old card?

Does the card ask for a external power plug? If it does are you using it, and is your powersupply enough to handle it? Most video cards need at least a 15amp 12volt rail.

And is this a actual ati card, or is this just a ati chipset made by another company such as sapphire, his, visiontek, powercolor, diamond, and asus?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/VisionTek-5...roductDetail.do

That is the exact card... I beat the whole game with the ATI X800 that I had and it ran fine... Looked good. I have it hooked up to my 50 inch DLP Samsung High Def tv... through a DVI to HDMI cord I got for christmas. As I stated before, it worked fine with the other card, and this is the same set up I beat the game with.

Also I am running a 500 and some watt psu, the card requires 2 molex's to be pluged into the actual card itself and that is how I have it right now...

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Are you running the latest version of directX?

Id also try to get the most updated catalyst drivers too. Or beta drivers if there are any. I get all my drivers from guru3d.com

It seems as if you should be giving the card enough power, and the card is working, but just lagging, which leads me to believe its a driver issue.

Id also try all settings on low in game, accept for your resoultion. One thing Ive noticed on my computer at least is using a lower resoultion doesnt increase fps. My card seems to perform better at max resoultions. But we got 2 different cards...

Another thing you can try is using the other DVI port on the card, sometimes one port is used for a primary display and the other is used for the secondary.

If you want to tweak it a bit you could also download rivia tuner from guru3d. It is a overclocking program for nvidia and ati chipset cards, but id try to get it working straight first.

But as I said before Id check your settings and profile tabs for games if there are any.

Sometimes cheaper manufacture cards are just not up to par with other competitior cards. Id personally only run powercolor, sapphire, asus with the ati chipset.

My motherboard is an Nvidia chipset, that shouldnt matter though should it? I ran that old ati card on it nicely... I got the display driver straight from ati webstie... if you are talking about the program that comes with it, that is not installed, the program that allows you to basically adjust the resolution of your desktop and do all the extra features that I am not interested in right now. I want to know why the hell it is turning pink... that doesnt make sense, usually it would just cut off part of the game's picture if the resolution wasnt set right, not turn the whole screen a different color...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

You un-installed all the nVidia drivers and ran DriverCleaner after that? After doing all that, than install the latest ATI Catalyst drivers.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo