Second Skin Audio

Slot port tuning

idk if i can post links but if you goto klaus audio you can get free blueprints. you just put in the size of your sub, how big you want the box and how many hz you want it. it will automatically size the port or you can make it anysize you want. you just have to go through the process like you want to buy one and right before you click on add to cart or what ever it gives you the option to view blueprints. then you can just print them of and make you box its really simple and free

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to calculate the dimension for a slot port cuz I'm almost 100% sure I been doing it wrong. Also does square ports give you more space compared to slot?

Just post your sub(s) your amp(s) your car and I will provide you a box suggestion if you like.

Thanks a lot guys ... 8ight, Ive been messing around with torres for a week or 2 but noticed calculations for round and square port (no slots unless I been reading incorrectly.)

Redcorn, sounds good I'll check that out.

joe, the only reason why I didn't post up my sub and amp specs and suggestions is because it sort of a crappy amp from what people say but seems to work to me ( Logic TXt3000 d ) and using an orion hcca 102, I've asked and searched the forum on recommended enclosures and came up with responses mostly leaning to orions specs which is .9fr^3 which seemed to small (currently sitting in a box that's 1.4 ish after displacement but now have no idea what the port is really tuned to because I misunderstood the box calc on bcae and made the slot port the length of the round port suggested ( started the length at point where it turns to a L if that makes sense) so I was trying to find out if there was a mathematical way of finding out the proper length... Also was just thinking does the calculated length start right behind the baffle or at the point where it turns to become an L shape?

fmedina thanks, if all fails and can't get what I'm looking for I'll pm you for sure, not trying to use you as a last option but I would love to learn all these tricks of the trade since I love car audio just like you guys and I'm sure at one point most of you guys were at my level, and I 2 would love to have the knowledge to educate new comers to the hobby...sorry for preaching lol

Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal

Crescendo bc3500

DD 9512i