DD1 doesn't seem to be helping?

I've always wondered this though, I have an Excelon too, in the menu you can turn off the built in amp, I did this and my bass played but the door speakers didn't work so I figure you turn this off when your speakers are being powered by a seperate amp and maybe that internal amp causes the early clipping?

I read a while ago that the sub level needs to be at +15 so I did this and it made my subs come to life, no issues at all with my subs and its been about 2 months now. I'll have to maybe talk to Treydog on here since he lives near me and has a DD-1 so I can get mine tuned and see what happens since my x592 is an older model.

I usually have my volume at 28-30 anyways

Edited by Baydestrian

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Every head unit is different. My head unit is in my sig and it goes up to 30 out of 35 with everything set to 0 except sub level 15.

Bass - 0

Mid - 0

Treble - 0

Sub Volume - 15

HPF 120hz, (only effects door speakers)

LPF set on my amp using cc-1

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

you know you're not supposed to have your sub hooked up while tuning the gains right?

i know that yes. i set the gain then listened. and restarted with diff settings. . . it seems a hair louder, and i went past 30 and i didnt hear the distortion like i was saying earlier. tomrrow im going to try and investigate some more. i have work earlier so bed for me. i have a db meter. its not accurate, but as far as playing a freq at diff volumes itll tell me whats louder and whatnot so ill break that out. heres what im going to try.

hu vol 35 sub +1

hu vol 30 sub +11

hu vol (?) sub +15 <- not sure what loudest clean is but ignoring mids and highs just gonna see if it yields louder.

might even do another with sub at 5 or 7.

also, is it bad to turn the eq down? like bass -5 or something?? then i can boost the sub volume, or does it not work pretty like that?

Every head unit is different. My head unit is in my sig and it goes up to 30 out of 35 with everything set to 0 except sub level 15.

Bass - 0

Mid - 0

Treble - 0

Sub Volume - 15

being a kenwood owner, even though im gonna test this tomorrow, should i turn sub to 15 and then dd1 the HU? as kranny somewhat said earlier... Edited by Mikey Bates

i have a kenwood, same settings as you, 35 of 35, not distortion. i set my shit with -5 db, and let it ride. If you set it with the dd-1 on track 5 or -10 and shit is bottoming out, set it with -5, the wave of the song might not be clipped but may have a higher amplitude than you think which might be causing the sub to bottom out or get to much power.

also, as an example, if you have a 2000 wrms amp, on a 1000rms sub and you set it with the dd-1 and it bottoms out, it is probably due to the double rms, not clipping and so on. that skar is 600rms and that amp tested by ray does around 1000-1100 iirc. That is called overpowering. Plus we dont know box specs or anything like that. I would set the EQ flat, do track 3 (-5 @ 40) and see how it is. If it bottoms out, turn it down, if it doesnt good for you. You need to see what amplitude the wave on that song is for whatever frequency. Unclipped -3db wave will still bottom your shit out if you have it set with -10db.

im running at 2ohms so most i should be getting clean is about 600rms. and skar are known to be underrated as well. .. not sayin ur wrong jbut just notin the fact.

Bass - 0

Mid - 0

Treble - 0

Sub Volume - 15

being a kenwood owner, even though im gonna test this tomorrow, should i turn sub to 15 and then dd1 the HU? as kranny somewhat said earlier...

yes that what i did. I use -5 on my sub amp

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill