1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

HU Kenwood KDC - 352U

Concept HPN - 1500

Skar VVX 15 D4

Custom Box Tuned to ~32Hz

Cadence 4 Gauge Power and Ground Wire

Stock speakers, big 3 is NOT done

Problem

It seems that when i use the DD1 properly (To my knowledge) It hurts the SPL in my car. When i tune everything by ear, give or take, it seems to get louder. Plain and simple.

HU settings for DD1

Bass - 0

Mid - 0

Treble - 0

Sub Volume - 0 (goes -15 to +15 so 0 is the middle)

HPF 150hz, (only effects door speakers)

LPF set to trough because i just use the one on my mono amp

After trial and error, i turned my EQ to

Bass -8

Mid - -8

Treble +1

By doing so, i turned my Sub volume up to +7 to make up for the loss in bass (still volume 35 undistorted)

Steps i did for the DD1

Plugged RCAs into it from the HU (sub out)

Played 40Hz at 0db provided by SMD online via Ipod USB, also did with the CD on same HU settings and with both, achieved full volume of 35 with no distortion.

I Proceeded and did the amp as i'm supposed to (not listen it lol its strait from directions.

I used track 5, the middle db of 3 and 7

No matter what i seem to do some songs still clip and my sub bottoms (i think thats the term i want) this is pro due to what the song was recorded at as i know its clean. . .

So my problem is that after all this, if i go through and tune everything by ear, still used 35 and max volume, i seems to get it louder and not distort as much as when i use the DD1

i think i described everything well enough, sorry if i repeated or over did it but looking for any explanations, ideas, input. thanks guys

second to last line...'it seems to get louder and not distort as much as when i use the DD1'

yeah umm....how do you know this? if you don't use the DD1, then you don't know you're not distorting. if you use the DD1, you'll be set at the point right before clipping, given you're playing a properly recorded song. anything higher and it's distortion city

a little clipping is always louder.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

second to last line...'it seems to get louder and not distort as much as when i use the DD1'

yeah umm....how do you know this? if you don't use the DD1, then you don't know you're not distorting. if you use the DD1, you'll be set at the point right before clipping, given you're playing a properly recorded song. anything higher and it's distortion city

i meant when i dont. when i do use it and i leave a little room for clipping, the second i turn it up, you can hear it distort
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

i meant when i dont. when i do use it and i leave a little room for clipping, the second i turn it up, you can hear it distort

When you say you can hear it distort, are you talking about your sub or your mids/highs?

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB