Sonic Electronix

i made this topic so i dont have to keep makin new topics to ask questions, any1 should post on it if they have random questions instead of starting new topic.

anyway most of u bass experts will prob laugh at me but wats the difference between the OHMS like how do u make your sub 2 and 4 ohms, and wats the difference between them, sorry 4 the stupid question but better to learn of the pros then to not learn at all :)

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

well you subs come in many diffe ways. and there refering to the voice coil and what each pair of terminals = to

like sub one is a single 4 ohm sub, with only one set of terminals,

then you have sub 2 which has dual 4 ohm coils, with 2 sets of speaker terminals

sub 3 dual 2 ohm which has dual 2ohm coils with still 2 sets of terminals,

the ohm load has more to do with the amp you will be useing than anything else,

for example you have a poweracoustik 1000D thats only stable to 2 ohms,

sub 1 will work on this amp because its single 4 ohms, so the amp will be pushing a 4 ohm load which its safe at

sub 2 has dual 4 ohm coils so you can wire it to be 8 ohm or 2 ohms, which the amp is stable at both ohms but you will get very little power at 8 ohms and you will get as much power as possible out of the amp at 2 ohms.

sub 3 is dual 2 ohm so you can wire it to 4 ohm or 1 ohm, the amp can power it at 4 ohms but you will possibly damage the amp at 1 ohm since it is not stable at 1ohm load

and another good thing about multible coil configs, is if youre going to run more than 1 or 2 you can get the proper coil conifg to allow you to wire up the subs to the amps at the lowest safest load for the amp without damage to the amp

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

you have to also consider ohm rise plays a key factor in how much power your subwoofer will receive. Also thermal handling goes down with lower ohm loads as well as efficient but it is much cheaper and easier to run at a 1 ohm load which why you notice him home theater you will see mostly 8 and 16 ohm interfaces for cleaner more efficient more idiot proof setups but will also bring prices way up. This is a very large category and you may just want to ask more specific questions. also this might help http://www.forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=4388

:o:o :o lost me on the 1st sentence ahahah, dw bout tryin 2 explain it, thought it would be more simple then that, thats why i asked, i will learn in time... hopefully :P

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

ok so i have been tryin to get some pics of my system on here just to c wat you guys think and i cant figure out how to get the pics on here?? so that is the ? how the hell do you get the pics on here?

thanks!

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

ok so i have been tryin to get some pics of my system on here just to c wat you guys think and i cant figure out how to get the pics on here?? so that is the ? how the hell do you get the pics on here?

thanks!

photobucket.com... copy and past the IMG link once u upload it on there

i likes me some audio stuff...

:o:o :o lost me on the 1st sentence ahahah, dw bout tryin 2 explain it, thought it would be more simple then that, thats why i asked, i will learn in time... hopefully :P

its all about series and parallel wiring with dual voice coil subs

i.e. one sub, dual 4 ohm voice coils

series wiring: negative of coil 1 wired to positive of coil 2...postive of coil 1 wired to the negative of coil 2....this will give you an 8ohm load

parallel wiring: negative of coil 1 wired to the negative of coil 2....positive of coil 1 wired to the positive of coil 2....this will give you a 2 ohm load

as u can see, and putting it as 'dumbed down' as possible...series wiring doubles impedance, parallel wired halves impedance....

another example:

2 subs, each 4 ohm dual voice coil (like my SE's)

you can do parallel wiring on each sub which will put each sub at 2 ohms

then you can either wire one subs positive to the other's positive (parallel wiring) and have a final load of 1 ohm (thats how mine are wired)

or you can wire one subs postive to the others negative and vica versa (series wiring) and have a final load of 4 ohms

any clearer?

i guess u could...it would probably sound like shit from all of the resonance coming off the metal...i mean people sometimes build steal frames around their enclosures, but that is on the outside...and usually only done with major competitors in the higher classes..

My guess as to why not to build boxes out of metal are;

Weight.

Sound Quality.

Cost.

Not easy to tune by changing port length, which basically comes down to cost anyway.

Wood is easier to craft.

Don't need a CNC machine to make your box.

I think there are other reasons but those are the main ones.