Sonic Electronix

Defqon whatever you do DO NOT GET A KENWOOD AMP! I've had a few now and don't get me wrong they are nice amps they will last you forever but they don't put the power to the sub imo. I had a kac7201 2 channel amp and than put a crunch pzi2250 to the same subs and it beat soooo much harder with that crunch amp and the crunch put out 10 watts rms less. How come you don't want to try the cvx's?

If I were you I'd hang onto the audiobahn and try the orion's with that audiobahn...

Edited by aquill1

I was told the audiobahn amp wont power the sub by one of the people at the shop. I went on a trip today to 5 different car audio shops and got 2 quotes.

first one was this

2 earthquake db12's

1000w mono amp T1000W/2

and a custom built slot proted box

$940

2 rockford fosgate p2 12"

P300-1 amp

cant remember if custom box was included to.

$900

I dont know why everywheres saying ill need a new amp though. I thought my amp was just as good as these ones thre recomending.

Most places have said 1 single 12" sub wont be able to make more bass than 2 12".

Im confused whether its worth the upgrade or not. Everywhere i went said the cvr's are pretty good subs and unless i spend real big i wont get much better than them.

i got some subs that will hit harder than the ones you mentioned for a cheap price if interested, just pm me!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I was told the audiobahn amp wont power the sub by one of the people at the shop. I went on a trip today to 5 different car audio shops and got 2 quotes.

first one was this

2 earthquake db12's

1000w mono amp T1000W/2

and a custom built slot proted box

$940

2 rockford fosgate p2 12"

P300-1 amp

cant remember if custom box was included to.

$900

I dont know why everywheres saying ill need a new amp though. I thought my amp was just as good as these ones thre recomending.

Most places have said 1 single 12" sub wont be able to make more bass than 2 12".

Im confused whether its worth the upgrade or not. Everywhere i went said the cvr's are pretty good subs and unless i spend real big i wont get much better than them.

Have you considered keeping the CVR's and building a custom box for them? the box from kicker isnt terrible, but if you had a box you made yourself it could improve your output tremendously. I have several designs for CVR 12's at around 4 cu ft and 30 hz. i could even design one for you exact dimension free if you wanted to try and build one. i bought my CVR's in the kicker "livin loud" box and when i made my own ported box it was a dramatic improvement. I can compete with lower end pairs of 15's. let me know if you want to see some possibilites

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Id be interested in making my own box. What materials would i need? Around how much would it cost to build one? If i learn to build my own box's ill be saving around $250 off these prices :).

I need to go to my other computer to access the box plans. U will need:

sheet of 3/4 mdf

1 1/2 drywall screws one box

bottle of decent brand wood glue [titebond]

the best way i have found is to go to a lumber yard to get the mdf. It may cost a little more, but they will usually cut it for me in my exact dimensions for free.

as far as cutting tools, there are many ways to cut the circle's for the subs.

and as far as finishing, the possibilities are endless, search around for something you like. I used spray paint.

it cost me around $40 for all the supplies plus i bought a jigsaw for cutting the circles [$20].

i learned how to build my box from this site, just read through some of the build logs in the member profile section.

if you can get me your desired dimensions and tuning i could get you some designs by this time tomorrow.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Ill try it out. To make a dual slot ported box should i just design 2 single boxes and put them next to each other in the boot? I cant find any premade cvr box designs anywhere. I read somewehre that 36 was a good tuning level for cvr's. A box around the size of the "living loud box would be alright. It can be wider or deeper just not higher or it wont fit in the boot of my car.

Edited by DefQon

]

I've heard 2 cvx's hooked to a crunch 3000.1 and it was loud but it blew a fuse before it could actually put power out. The amp was only hooked to a 30amp fuse and the 3000.1 uses 2 50 amp maxi fuses. The price on the 3000.1 is awesome so you kind of can't complain and many have said it does 1500rms...LINK

[/url]

No, they use two 60 amp fuses. I have a Crunch 3000 PZI.1 on my 2 Kicker L7 15s and they BEAT. I cant imagine how loud they would get if I actually gave my subs a better amp to power them. lol

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Sorry for changing the subs topic but does anyone reckon 2 clarion 15" subs would be better than the cvr's? I can get 2 15" clarions for about $400 then just need a box and around 1400 watts to power them. Clarion subs are real cheap over here. Pioneers are cheap to.