Sonic Electronix

Wiring a Pa speaker to a amp with a switch to turn of fan on

Hey guys, im looking for quite a quick reply please.

I have gotten some PA speakers and im trying too hook them up in my truck, i have a highs amp hooked up at the moment and i have the wire ran for the PA's so when i have the PA hooked up and the switch is on, its fine, but when I turn the switch off, It will put the amp into protection mode... anyone know the problem?!?!

Please help! :)

what is the switch hooked up to? the speakers, amp power or amp remote?

why do you need to turn these on and off with a switch?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i knew it... speakers outside the car.... SMH...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you can't put a switch on the wires it will short the amp out is what i think your best bet is to put a different smaller amp on the pa's. It'd be easier to put a switch on that amp so you can turn it on and off

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

So you are saying that you have a amp in your truck playing speakers in your cab ... then you hooked up external PA speakers to that amp with a switch ...

Correct ?? If so, then you are seriously screwing up your ohm loads ... you need a switch on your remote wire going to a separate amp just for your

PA drivers ... Might want to get 2 relays for your remote wire going to your amps before you really screw something up ... just saying ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived