Second Skin Audio

Best ported box design for Two Rockford P3 12's?

What i really want to do is something like this -

And just build it in the trunk.

So if theres a tutorial or if someone could just give me specs i could build it like that. My trunk rattles way too much with them facing back, i dont like trunk flex, just cabin flex.

img1961ft9.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The enclosure you show is a failure for those subs, I can tell you that much, the port apparently does not turn so it may be tuned above 40Hz, about 1.15 cubes per sub,

The ideal enclosure for you depends on a number of factors like the music you hear, power you are feeding... etc.

The enclosure you show is a failure for those subs, I can tell you that much, the port apparently does not turn so it may be tuned above 40Hz, about 1.15 cubes per sub,

The ideal enclosure for you depends on a number of factors like the music you hear, power you are feeding... etc.

Music i listen to - Mostly rap (songs with a lot of lows)

Power - Soundstream 1050 @2ohms = 520rms (If i can, i'll bump it back up to 1050rms, but the last time i did that the subs smoked when turned up as loud as they are now at 520rms. 1 Exide Classic battery. Big 3 Upgrade w/ 0 gauge. 4 gauge power and ground wires.Pretty shitty headunit, but not stock...will be getting a new one soon.

Thats pretty much all i can tell you about the power and the car since i listed the dimensions.

Those are for 18's. I was just giving an example. I was just showing how i want to seal it off, i can use a smaller box. Would the box you posted up above be good for lows? Just trying to find the best design i can so i dont waste my money.

here's another -

HPIM1407.jpg

HPIM1402.jpg

6th order bandpass for sure.... :lol2: I've heard that port to the side is louder than port between subs, but that's just from what I have heard. I'm not yet at the point of putting 2 subs in my trunk yet.

All suggestions I post are specific to the request, in your case I am warning about the external dimensions since you didn't provide max dimensions. The dimensions I chose are usually compatible with trunk vehicles.

Im posting the pics with specs now, took me a little longer since i just made a diagram in photoshop for you guys.

Hey guys, im new to building box's so i was wondering if i could get a few tips since im building one for my accord.

Im pretty much looking to get as much flex as possible with regular / slowed music......

NO

YES. I love flex and clean lows. Everything isnt about spl. =P

Flex causes unwanted rattles and noise.... so it won't help when playing lows because you'll hear your trunk flap harder than me pounding your mom.....

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

All suggestions I post are specific to the request, in your case I am warning about the external dimensions since you didn't provide max dimensions. The dimensions I chose are usually compatible with trunk vehicles.

Im posting the pics with specs now, took me a little longer since i just made a diagram in photoshop for you guys.

Hey guys, im new to building box's so i was wondering if i could get a few tips since im building one for my accord.

Im pretty much looking to get as much flex as possible with regular / slowed music......

NO

YES. I love flex and clean lows. Everything isnt about spl. =P

Flex causes unwanted rattles and noise.... so it won't help when playing lows because you'll hear your trunk flap harder than me pounding your mom.....

How am i supposed to blast lows without flex...? Its just what happens unless you have the most solid car in the world, which my accord is far from. I listen to music with lows so i really cant help it haha

I updated the design post with the external dimensions, see if it really fits and it can be a little bigger, the other thing is if you think you are loud right now or not to see if lowering tuning makes sense.

Its not really all that loud because of the leaking air, you can tell it was a shit made box. It doesn't hit the low lows, like it pushes some air with lows...you just literally dont feel them at all, not one bit, all you hear is the sides of the box smacking together. I just dont want to make a crappy box, id rather made a pretty nice one the first time around. That box will just fit, it couldnt be any wider. And it would have to be in the back section of my trunk, just from the way my trunk is shaped.

As long as the box I left you is well built it will perform way better than the one you had, I can tune it a bit lower to reach the low notes harder, something like a 33Hz tune, but you will loose some loudness on the midbass frequencies, so it's your choice you can build what I left you above or I can tune a couple of hertz lower. Let me know.

I updated the design post with the external dimensions, see if it really fits and it can be a little bigger, the other thing is if you think you are loud right now or not to see if lowering tuning makes sense.

Its not really all that loud because of the leaking air, you can tell it was a shit made box. It doesn't hit the low lows, like it pushes some air with lows...you just literally dont feel them at all, not one bit, all you hear is the sides of the box smacking together. I just dont want to make a crappy box, id rather made a pretty nice one the first time around. That box will just fit, it couldnt be any wider. And it would have to be in the back section of my trunk, just from the way my trunk is shaped.

to make a nice box first time around, make sure you get everything you need to make it, id recommend getting a few giant clamps, those are just like a extra set of hands. And also building a box IN a trunk can be a huge pain unless you can still reach and seal everything.

Archived