Wanting to upgrde my Video card.

That looks to be a nice setup and falls in my price range. Both have pretty good reviews too. Video card reviews mention D3 a lot too...just what I need. Thanks

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

That looks to be a nice setup and falls in my price range. Both have pretty good reviews too. Video card reviews mention D3 a lot too...just what I need. Thanks

No problem mate, assuming you're addressing me :P

I'm gonna hate

http://www.newegg.co...ICE&Pagesize=20

Nvidia's GT 640. Requires NO PCIe 6 or 8-pin plugs. Pulls solid FPS in Diablo 3 even at highest settings. I'd feel more than confident telling you that you could run it without requiring a power supply upgrade.

Diablo3%201920.png

If you want to save money, the Radeon 6670 offers up slightly lower performance but costs $30+ less.

http://www.newegg.co...eon%20HD%206670

Very well said!!

Punky...... If you're just wanting to play that one game, then really any mid-stream GPU will suffice (6670, 6850, nvidia gtx560, or lower) That PSU of yours is A POS, and any card faster then the 6670 will really need some more juice on the 12v rail. If your wanting to upgrade to a pretty solid mid-stream GPU, personally id look into either the 7850, GTX560ti, etc.... and get yourself a solid 500W SINGLE RAIL 12v PSU... You could potentially do this upgrade for around 300 (give or take) and have yourself a fairly decent PC for games......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

for your needs i would go with this power supply and this video card. also if you are going to upgrade to a higher power video card I recommend upgrading the fans in your case and modding your side panel and putting another fan in it. a high powered video card will produce a lot of heat and you don't want it or any of your other components to burn out. heat is the killer of computers. That video card should be enough to run everything on max and that power supply will more than handle your system, plus its on sale right now. both of those items will cost you $220 and you'll get $35 back in mail in rebates.

He's playing Diablo 3 guys. He shouldn't have to spend any more than $120 to get the GT 640 or $80 to get the 6670 shipped to his door. No need for a PSU upgrade or modding to add fans or any of that. Either card can handle D3, Skyrim, Starcraft 2, and many other mainstream games at mid-to-high settings at 1080p and not even need a 6-pin power connector.

If you do decide to grab one of the GT 640 cards (click me!), keep in mind the 2 EVGA cards have a mini-HDMI while the Galaxy card has a regular HDMI out. If you want to grab one of the EVGA cards (I'd highly recommend it as their warranty support is legendary) be sure to grab a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable if you don't have one already. This one has free shipping so it'd only be $7 with the graphics card: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16882021191

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

HOLY HELL! STOP THE PRESSES!!!

AMD's Radeon 7750 doesn't require a PCIe power connector either. It outperforms nVidia's GT 640 on less power at around the same cost. I'd pick that over the GT 640 any day. Performance vs the 640 can be seen in the graph I linked above (I'll repost below)

Link to 7750's: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600286767%20600298541&IsNodeId=1&name=Radeon%20HD%207750

Diablo3%201920.png

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Upgrading the PSU is always a good idea, its probably the most overlooked part of any PC build.

Just get an older 285, it'll outpreform most of those cards anyway.

PSU upgrades are always welcome in my book but when there are mid-range cards that'll tear through current games without needing any more power than the PSU and motherboard will already supply I start seeing it as a waste of money.

And the GTX 285. Just... no.

wtf is lolcats?

285 doesn't even support Dx11 lol, the it's old and outdated.. compared to the newer series.. + The 285 eats up 200w by itself. OP, i would upgrade your psu and go with a 560 and overclock it.. you'll get similar performance as the 570 for less $

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Odd

560 uses only 30 less watts.

According to raw numbers, for the most part the 285 will take the 560's asshole to pound town.

http://www.hwcompare...rce-gtx-560-ti/

You could go to a 470, which would also assrape a 560 even more, and still costs less.

Here's one for 150

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-470-N470GTX-M2D12-B-/221046274119?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3377627847

Archived