Second Skin Audio

What's up guys? I've been wondering, would it do me any good to just sound deaden my 4 doors and the back hatch? Right now I feel like my tahoe is falling apart with the vibration so I want some deadening asap. But my box is over 400 lbs and I don't really want to take everything out to sound deaden the roof. So my question is, will it even help me to just sound deaden all the doors on the tahoe? And db wise, how much will it help if i deaden everything?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Will it do any good? Of course!

It would definitely make your Tahoe feel and sound more solid if you do all four doors. Door speakers will sound better and it will also help quiet it down a little bit.

I would also consider pitting a bit of cushioning like our OverKill between the door panel and the sheet metal to further reduce the rattles and what have you.

dB wise, it's REALLY hard to put an actual figure on this simply because each setup is difference and each vehicle is different. I've seen some people achieve some significant gains and I've also seen some people lose a few... but again they ripped everything out and did things differently, so I'm not entirely sure if the sound deadener was the cause of the lose or not.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Sorry to jack your thread OP, but Jon I was wondering how much deadner you would recommend to do the roof, hatch, and 4 doors of an 02 Tahoe.

I used 2 bulk packs and a trunk pack to do the floor (90% coverage), roof ( 210% coverage), rear quarter panels (90%) and have 4 or 5 sheets left of the damplifier pro. I didn't get to the doors or rear hatch. But if I didn't double layer the roof (3 in some spots) and used less on the ridges I'm sure that would've been enough for the whole vehicle.

What's up guys? I've been wondering, would it do me any good to just sound deaden my 4 doors and the back hatch? Right now I feel like my tahoe is falling apart with the vibration so I want some deadening asap. But my box is over 400 lbs and I don't really want to take everything out to sound deaden the roof. So my question is, will it even help me to just sound deaden all the doors on the tahoe? And db wise, how much will it help if i deaden everything?

Yes it will help, BIG TIME. The interior is nice and quiet and even the stock system sounded a lot better

The wifey and I have an '02 Tahoe

Edited by flashlight_65

Sorry to jack your thread OP, but Jon I was wondering how much deadner you would recommend to do the roof, hatch, and 4 doors of an 02 Tahoe.

Depends on what you are wanting to achieve and how much coverage you go with.

If you want SPL, treat the entire roof. 100% coverage will use about 20 sq. ft.

Typically speaking 40-60 sq. ft. will do the roof, hatch, and all four doors with a solid 30%+ coverage.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I just did ky 06 Yukon this weekend with damplifier. Did a double layer on the flat panels of the roof, outer skins on the doors/hatch as much as possible, and sealed off the 4 doors with about 80-90 feet. Still have 1.5 boxes left.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3