Sonic Electronix

Need advice w/ an install: wiring (Warning long story) :D

Greetings,

This issue is complicated. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

So, I bought a used Chrysler LHS 94' awhile back. Of course it also had a few mechanical issues, the AC/Heat unit was always off and the blower motor was always on. It had a after market head unit installed. (I know that sounds weird now, but the headunit and blower are related.) So I pulled the blower motor fuse as it got too hot inside the car.

I'm trying to sell the car now and I have been talking with a buyer. The amp, wiring and subs aren't included so I pulled them. Turned on the car, by some miracle the AC unit turned on and was working flawlessly. So I put back in the blower fuse and all was good.

I was amped to tell the buyer it had AC now! A little pissed I went through an entire winter with no heat but feeling good.

THEN, we made a deal I would sell just the wiring and subs for an additional $150. Sucks, but I had to re wire the car in order to show the subs work. Adding he was buying the wiring. So same day, today, I run and attach the power wire to the battery like normal. I slide the deck out to run the RCAs and remote. Didn't run them just yet. I flip the power on to check if the AC still works, -.- and now it doesn't. So I disconnect the power wire (lost and back stepping) and get the same results. Back to the ole days, no AC unit blower on.

I trouble shooted and shoke wires for hours. Checked fuses, all good. So it has to be a wire. I can't find a wiring diagram saying which wire is AC unit on etc. Ot just a wire relating to AC or something.

Now being the headunit is ghetto installed, not by me. Its a confusing mess. For example, a black wire from the deck is connected to a flat meshy looking headunit security cable thing. There are atleast 10 lose wires that aren't protected wire tape or anything. They are cut flat (0) < like that). Some are speaker wire, as the person ran larger wire for the front speakers. All the lose wires are about the same lenght, meaning I think he just started cutting everything.

I've installed systems like this over 15 times. I understand how things work. But this here is one clusterf%^k if i've seen one.

Any suggestions you guys may have would be a blessing in my eyes. I really need some advice.

-David

I'm not to tech savy with cars, but I found a black box attached to the AC unit itself. Which I believe is a relay? Anyway, today I had the car's power on and I flicked the "relay" back and forth. Like tapping on it. The AC turned on. It seemed really obvious it was that black box as the power reacted almost to every tap.

But then I tried it again later. Tapping on it didn't work anymore. So I don't know, its hard to find the problem when the results are so incosistant.

Could the level of "coolant" (the stuff that makes the AC air cold) affect the power of the unit? Being it triggers the sensor that tells the "relay" to switch to on.

the black wire off the h/u to the "meshy thing" is a ground, its standard in Chrysler, stupid...anyway, im confused aswell, hmmm try google?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the black wire off the h/u to the "meshy thing" is a ground, its standard in Chrysler, stupid...anyway, im confused aswell, hmmm try google?

Good to know. I disconnected it at first to check if the insaller put the negative to it. Being that wire from the head unit is the only black wire. lol ya never know.

But I did search before posting. As I said I couldn't find a wiring diagram with any AC related wires. All the other related problems I found werent quite like this. Bass face's post was the most sensable idea I came across so far.

"Blower on Ac unit off relay faulty wiring"

Why didn't you rewire the HU in the first place so everything was connected properly? For all you know there could be something that was cut back there coming from the actual AC controls.

Have you checked for power at the blower motor?

Why didn't you rewire the HU in the first place so everything was connected properly? For all you know there could be something that was cut back there coming from the actual AC controls.

Have you checked for power at the blower motor?

I should have looked into it more, but the headunit was opporational. Still leaves multiple wires loose, 4 are speakers. I wouldn't have been able to find any AC related wires then as I can't now. I bought the car knowing and accepting the temp control unit was DOA.

The blower motor has plenty of power.

I sold the car today for $850 and surprisngly the AC or heat wasn't a factor at all with the buyer's purchase.

Thank you guys for trying to help me solve this. I appreciate you reading all that.

Archived