So I don't know anything about brakes, which is probably going to change soon since this is happening.

My dad did my brakes for me yesterday since I needed them done. So, brakes were just recently done.

Anyway, yesterday when I was on delivery (driver for dominos) I made a stop to a house on a downward incline. I noticed that when I started braking to make the turn onto the street, my brakes were depressing pretty far and I wasn't slowing down much, nothing like how my brakes were on the way to the house. I got to the house and I had to depress my brakes all the way down just to come to a rolling stop at the curb. Got out and smelled brakes bad. Did the stop, turned the car around, got to the top of the streets and my brakes were working fine again. Wasn't smelling anything and the brakes were stiff and sensitive like they were before.

Could this be a bad master or just air in the lines?

I realized that it happened to me earlier that day, but I didn't really notice it because when the brakes became soft and easy to depress, I wasn't driving fast at all. Also, they started to smell, but I figured it might be because the pads are new.

What do you guys think?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

What did your dad change? Just pads? Might be air in the lines, bleed them.

Might be the rears weren't adjusted after compressing them to get the drum back on. They are supposed to self adjust, but won't if they are compressed too much. If thtas the case, you were smelling brakes because the fronts are doing all the work.

Just things to check.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I know my master cylinder is bad on my Explorer, and it does not do that. if your master cylinder is bad, you will notice that you brake booster no longer have any paint left on it. and that the pedal is always spongy, but never soft, and it won't go to the ground.

It sounds to me like you have some air in the lines, just remember that air can be compressed, and liquids like brake fluid cannot.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.