Sound Deadening Help

thacarter546

I strongly recommend using a product that is designed to treat system vibration in the automobile. Using roof flashing material is not a recommended automotive solution. It will not adhere well to the surface, it will stink up your car and you are wasting the money that you do have.

My recommendaton: If you are on a tight budget start by treating sections of your car. Measure the square feet area of the car you want to treat and start by treating approx. 50-60% of the that surface area focusing on the center of the metal panels and work toward the outer edges. Start with the Trunk first if that is where your woofer is! Do it in small steps but do it right! Drop a thread in our section below or call us if you have any questions.

I strongly recommend using a product that is designed to treat system vibration in the automobile. Using roof flashing material is not a recommended automotive solution. It will not adhere well to the surface, it will stink up your car and you are wasting the money that you do have.

My recommendaton: If you are on a tight budget start by treating sections of your car. Measure the square feet area of the car you want to treat and start by treating approx. 50-60% of the that surface area focusing on the center of the metal panels and work toward the outer edges. Start with the Trunk first if that is where your woofer is! Do it in small steps but do it right! Drop a thread in our section below or call us if you have any questions.

If you have the money to do it right then by all means go ahead and do so.

I can tell you for a 100% fact that the stuff I use does not stink and will stick to anything and to any temp that the truck will see. I had a section turn black from the heat of a fire and It still won't come loose.

I can also say that roofing and gutter flashing type peel and seal is different from window and stucco flashing. Make sure your on the lookout for the two.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i support peal n seal and the gutter wrap. i have had it in my car for like 3 months and there is 0 smell. if you do it wrong it will give you real shitty results. if you clean the area then heat it up it will work. a single layer stopped almost all road noise in my car. alot of people say it peaks off, alot of people say it smells. i completely disagree. id do it if your on a budget for sure. most people buy the "good stuff" right away and have never really tried peal n seal or gutter wrap. in my opinion its very worth it. just my opinion.

610EUROs

• 1 month later...

5 yards of ensolite, 125 sq ft of mat and 3 cans of adhesive for the foam

Posted Image

thats RAAMaudio's products call up Rick he is awesome to deal with and stuff got here fast and go to his site for pricing!

15" LMS Ultra

AB VFL 200.1 3kw+ rms@ 1 ohm <-- 500.1 in near furture

3.5 cubes at 34 hertz

2 Exide Orbital's

200 Amp EA Alt

125 sq ft BXT

Guest MegaloManiac

price is hard to beat for the money:quality

i have a few sq ft of Raa i acquired too this past weekend :)

but SS is still superior IMO if you got the dough splurge on that

5 yards of ensolite, 125 sq ft of mat and 3 cans of adhesive for the foam

Posted Image

thats RAAMaudio's products call up Rick he is awesome to deal with and stuff got here fast and go to his site for pricing!

WoW, That 125 sq feet does not look like very much.. Wonder how much I will need to do my 01 Neon in 2 layers..

23002.jpg

Archived