Second Skin Audio

Can someone tell me what this box is tuned to?

Hey i need help figuring out what this box is tuned to.

Here are the dimensions. The port is just a 13" wall on either side, then there's a 4" extension that goes in like on any normal box. It's a really basic box so i figured you guys could figure it out for me.

http://i.imgur.com/WM1yA.png

Thanks!

Edited by parker6594

We need to know how long the port is. It looks like it turns so I put it with a depth of 15 and the tuning would be 46.xx.

Thats not the exact box, its just a pic of a box i found online with my specs on it so you guys can get a visual. It has a depth of 13" and then the extensions that go in are about 4".

with a 17 in length it is tuned to 45. Still pretty high. What subs are you putting in it and how much power? These are important variables as well. What kind of vehicle is it going in?

Trunk of a 95 honda accord, big 3 upgrade, 2 rockford 12" punch p312d4's, and a soundstream 1050.

I already have the box and everything hooked up i was just curious of the tuning before i put this new box in. My lows dont hit hard, but my highs do. 45hz sure explains that. The new box i build is at 34.5hz so hopefully this hits the lows better.

Here's the new box and my trunks specs -

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/144432-best-ported-box-design-for-two-rockford-p3-12s/

You need to measure the port length from the external end to the internal end along the center line and measure the cross sectional area (width and height) with that information you can then get the tuning frequency.

Wait what...? The dimensions i gave are pretty much all you need because they are the same height as the box.