Sherwood Ad255r Receiver Questions...

Hello all.

I've had this receiver for a while, blew a fuse, replaced it. Works GREAT. Got it free along with a pair of 3-way Sherwood tower speakers.

Now for the questions,

any idea on the RMS rating of it?

It has a meter thing on the front showing the watt-age up to 130 watts at 8 ohms....

Also, is Sherwood any good?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I haven't heard that name in awhile. They had some good stuff back in the day.... way back

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'd say it's from the 80s... lol. Can't exactly find where it says manufactur date. :(

So much clearer than my POS Panasonic unit I got at Goodwill, it'd start to distort at half volume, the Sherwood, my towers have ear piercing treble at half volume. :D

<3 it.

I was so confuzzled when the fuse blew. Opened it up, dusty as hell and couldn't find fuses. LOL. Replaced the 4 fuses inside of it with brand new ones. :)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived