Second Skin Audio

Name this sub

Did you DMM the coils before buying. Even for 100 they're worth it. I'm sure they can be reconed if needed be. GOOD find there partner. Get that box but and give em hell.

I did. They are wired and sitting stable at 1.4ohms.

nice. looks like you got some dual 2's, if you got 1.4 on each coil separately.

No they are dual 4's. I think I got a good find.

how are they dual 4's if they read 1.4? unless you measured each sub in parallel

Yeah two dual 4 subs gives you around 1 @ the amp. I thought I said that. My bad.

wait...i still dont understand. how were the subs wired when you measured the coils?

Did you DMM the coils before buying. Even for 100 they're worth it. I'm sure they can be reconed if needed be. GOOD find there partner. Get that box but and give em hell.

how are they dual 4's if they read 1.4? unless you measured each sub in parallel

Yeah two dual 4 subs gives you around 1 @ the amp. I thought I said that. My bad.

wait...i still dont understand. how were the subs wired when you measured the coils?

when you measure straight on the coils you get dcr. sometimes its higher or lower I have seen 4 ohm coils read anywhere from 3.1 to 5 ohms on a multimeter.

The subs were wired in parallel with two leads coming out the box reading around 2 ohm each. So I wired them parallel again to get 1 ohm. If you don't get it yet all the + are wired together the same with the -.

Umm, Kranny KNOWS how to wire. He was wanting to know how you go your results, as did I. You didn't exactly say(before questioned) that you tested all coils in series/parallel. Usually when one of US tests coils, we do it and post out individual coil readings, not an end result after 2 coils are wired together. That's all sir :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Umm, Kranny KNOWS how to wire. He was wanting to know how you go your results, as did I. You didn't exactly say(before questioned) that you tested all coils in series/parallel. Usually when one of US tests coils, we do it and post out individual coil readings, not an end result after 2 coils are wired together. That's all sir :)

Oh ok. I'll remember that next time.

they can be reconed with dc level 3 parts just so you know.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And the M2's will handle a lot more power than the stock SEs would. I kinda want to find a pair of these older badass SEs and do exactly that N8. I think they'd have a great balanced sound with good power handling capabilities. The new Chinese RE subs with the weird baskets aren't nearly as sexy as the old school 12 spokes.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

lol which can further prove what i said about how they look practically identical, except for the terminals, to my level 3's

they are identical

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.