Sonic Electronix

This is my first thread here. This is a great site.

Here's a question that I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

Say I have 4 alternators, 6 batteries, one 15,000 watt amp and 4 subs that can take 10,000 watts a piece.

This system would be pushing 15,000 watts through 4 subs.

If I have everything the same, but have only two subs, can the two subs sound just as loud as the 4?

How about from a block or two away?

what sub can take 10k rms ?

and it all about the box

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, there are far too many variables to say for sure. Some guys might be able to pull it off. Likely cone area and motor force will be factors in this. 2X the cone area and motor force on that kind of power would probably be louder. However, your BIGGEST factor is the box built for either combination. Your electrical system, if upgraded that heavily should be able to keep up with either scenarios, so it probably wouldn't be your limiting factor.

P.S. Word of warning, you MAY get flamed slightly for this post, but just roll with it and have a good time reading and soaking in as much as you can.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Also, being loud from 1-2 blocks away..please don't be that guy that wants a system to be loud, just so he can be heard. There are enough tools out there that want their system loud to be heard by others. Buld your shit for YOU, not to piss people off at a stoplight.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Short awnser yes two can be louder than 4

Also only assholes and dumbass people want to be heard from 1 or 2 blocks away

Are you the asshole or the dumbass maybe both?

And there is no 10,000 watt rms sub there lieing to you so being that you think that I'm leaning more to dumbaass

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Short awnser yes two can be louder than 4

Also only assholes and dumbass people want to be heard from 1 or 2 blocks away

Are you the asshole or the dumbass maybe both?

And there is no 10,000 watt rms sub there lieing to you so being that you think that I'm leaning more to dumbaass

As for right now, I'm the wanna be. I hope never to be the dumbass or a-hole. Let me rephrase that.

Back when I was 18-25 I was both. Now that I'm 32, I've pretty much outgrown both the dumbass and asshole phase of my life, for the most part.

planning a system just to be heard from X distance is really, really stupid. i cant really put it any other way.

yes theoretically 4 1000w subs can be as loud as 2 2000w subs. is there a chance that it can happen? yes. is there a chance that it wont? yes.