Second Skin Audio

Need a box.

I have 2 12" RE SE's. Want to go ported. Hoping to get designs for both slot and kerfed ports. I mainly listen to hip hop, r&b,and dubstep. Gonna be powered by a mb quart 1500.1 subs are dual 4's here is some info

5fac84cf.jpg

As far as trunk space. I have 37w x 15h depth is optional to make up airspace.

Best suggestion is sell those REs to CleanSierra. That's the best design I can think of.

Seriously though, we can help on this. There's a guy that does AMAZING kerfs on here, let me try to remember. His Avy is a slammed dually I think...

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Best suggestion is sell those REs to CleanSierra. That's the best design I can think of.

Seriously though, we can help on this. There's a guy that does AMAZING kerfs on here, let me try to remember. His Avy is a slammed dually I think...

No can do bro. But I can give you a funny story rewired subs to 1 ohm. The box gave way after 2 min. One sub jumped out the box with all 8 screws in the subs screw holes. Hate particle board boxes. Lol.

Here's a design I did for my 2 12" dc level 2's.

It's 37.25 x 15 x 18.

torres212s.jpg

212ssketchup-1.jpg

It would be no prob to drop the width a 1/4" to hit your 37" max.

I'm actually building the box right now in my spare time. Pics are in build log in my sig.

Here's a design I did for my 2 12" dc level 2's.

It's 37.25 x 15 x 18.

torres212s.jpg

212ssketchup-1.jpg

It would be no prob to drop the width a 1/4" to hit your 37" max.

I'm actually building the box right now in my spare time. Pics are in build log in my sig.

Nice design. Few questions though. I'm used to slot ports so I need more info on the kerfs. How long are the port walls? Width of the port.

Well the radius to the outside of the bend is 2" so that gives a total circumference of 12.56". Since each bend is only a 90 degree bend, you take a 1/4 of the total circumference which comes out to 3.14".

Now as far as the straight length of the port wall, I came up with 10 1/8" and about 3 1/2" after the bend in the back. Now I've heard that you measure the length of the port to the midpoint of the kerf flare. I already factored that into the design, but I doubt it would change the tuning too drastically.

Just want to get all dimensions. Want to build a rock solid box once.

I'll tell you what, give me a little bit and I'll draw up a sketchup of it and pm it to you with all dimensions.

But definitly practice kerfing before you kerf the large pieces, cause I messed up a couple pieces :pardon: it's all trial and error till you get the hang of it. Lol

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Just want to get all dimensions. Want to build a rock solid box once.

I'll tell you what, give me a little bit and I'll draw up a sketchup of it and pm it to you with all dimensions.

But definitly practice kerfing before you kerf the large pieces, cause I messed up a couple pieces :pardon: it's all trial and error till you get the hang of it. Lol

Sweet thx bro.

Here is another suggestion for two 12" RE SEs (no kerf though):

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32.7 Hz

Vb = 4 ft^3

External Height = 15 in

External Width = 37 in

External Depth = 22.25 in

Port Width = 4 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.