First sub competition, I need help please.

So the 30th of this month a local shop is hosting a db drag. I am planning on entering just to see what I can do. I need all the rules please. How does it all work? I don't want to show up and look dumb haha

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

www.termpro.com

clcik db drag, then you can see what classes you qualify for, its more fun to enter multiple classes, it gives you more chances to find the sweet spot of your system. and more odds of placing and winning a trophy, I entered 4 classes on friday in a midwestspl event, it gave me lots of info on how where I thought I was tuned good, turns out my sweet spot is a whole 10 hz from where my tuning was, so now I will make the proper ajustments so next time, my sweet spot will have more power and not be limited as I had it.

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

Best of luck Sir ... Give'em Hell !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I just went for the first time and got some tips from the pros lol. put whichever seat the meter will be resting on all the way forward. close all air vents. tip chair up vertical. play around the frequency that your vehicle peaks at too obviously. Good luck too. I went and got 2nd place in street 2 and phat 12" :wacky:

Edit: to answer your question, you sign up for the event and they inspect your car and tell you what classes your car qualifies (I was either amature or street too because I had too many damn fuses) then they will announce either one class at a time or if there aren't a lot of people they will just say everyone line up for SPL

Edited by Crandis16

I just went for the first time and got some tips from the pros lol. put whichever seat the meter will be resting on all the way forward. close all air vents. tip chair up vertical. play around the frequency that your vehicle peaks at too obviously. Good luck too. I went and got 2nd place in street 2 and phat 12" :wacky:

that may work in your car but every one has a different vechicle in some way and you just have to keep trying new things, tuning new ways to get the most output of your system. test test tes and more testing.

OP goodluck with your comp. and when you show up im sure someone will help you if you need it. everyone is pretty cool at least at comps ive been to.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I wish I knew someone with a TL!

I agree with the closing oif the air vents, ive used it and gained from it

Also, be sure your power hungry AC is off

be sure that no interior or exteriot lighting is on

In other words, anything that would use electricity that isn't needed for your stereo or your car running.

rev and hold your engine RPM level around 2000- unless limited per class

SOme things I have seen give gains and work, i have not tried yet.

Romoving all floor mats in the car (carpet),

If your box is carpeted remove carpet

anything carpet acts as a sound absorber, so anything that can easily be removed get rid of it.

Drink beer during the entire event

Flipping your visors down (seriously) when your at full tilt, and the DB is holding, try flipping the visors

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg