Second Skin Audio

3 KICKERS BLOWED IN 3 WEEKS

Ok i have a serious problem cause i just bought 3 kicker comp about 3 weeks ago n the bout a sony eplod mono 1400 watt amp an while i was on my way home from work all of a suden my mirrors stop raddling an thats when i knew something was wrong so when i popped the trunk i saw 2 dead kicker the cone would not even go in 1 was almost there but was still playin so now i have 2 go buy 3 more subs but what kind that can handle my amp good an also hit harder.

PLEASE HELP ME

rims.jpg2 12" Kicker cvx1 proacoustic 4 now either quantum audio amp r Ma audio nextKenwood dash4 gauge wire pioneer in the doorsjvc in the back

First off, the amp didnt blow the subs b/c of too much power. If anything not enough power, and underpowereing doesnt kill subs, so that theory is ruled out. You probably had them wired wrong. That should have blown the amp, and not the subs though. You were on the right track with kicker subs, but you need a better amp, and make sure it is wired to the correct ohm load.

ie: if you have 2 dual 4ohm woofers,then you would need an amp that puts out its rated power at 1ohm.

its a 2 channel amp but if bridged it put out 1400 and the speaker were wired for 1 or 2 ohm's there rms is only 150 i think

rims.jpg2 12" Kicker cvx1 proacoustic 4 now either quantum audio amp r Ma audio nextKenwood dash4 gauge wire pioneer in the doorsjvc in the back

either way your amps not putting out 1400 watts IDC what your amp says on it, thats MAX.

you probably had the gain cranked way the hell up because of it being a crap amp, in order to make the subs hit and they were clipping like hell, causing them to go bye bye

and i wouldnt recomend the 130 spent on the sony amp, save up some money a little at a time and buy a better amp that puts out real power, and that way you wont have to set the gains up so high and avoid the cliping of the signal wich is probaly whats blowing your subs.. for 250-300 you can get a kole audio, power acoustik, spl brand amp like the 3000 d which is 1800-2100 watts rms at 1ohm and ive seen em work great at .75 ohm decent amps for the money and not bad at all for the power to dollar ratio that they produce

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets