Second Skin Audio

3 KICKERS BLOWED IN 3 WEEKS

Insufficient power will not hurt a driver, however an insufficient amplifier driven into a highly clipped signal will certainly hurt a speaker. Speakers harmed from "underpowering" are done so because the system operator raises the gains on the amplifer/headunit/EQ/etc in order to compensate for the lack of output that small amplifier is capable of providing. What ends up happening is that instead of extra output, you severly clips the amplifier causing a DC waveform to be sent across the voice coil of a speaker. The clipped signal is audibley detected in the form of distortion. The problem with DC current is that an excess amount of power is dissipated in the form of heat as the driver moves a disproportionate distance when compared to the amount of power being fed into the coils. In other words, more heat is building up in the VCs than is being dissipated by the movement of the driver.

In other words, not enough clean power should never hurt a honestly rated speaker. A large amount of clipped power produded from a small, overdriven amplifier will inevitably cause damage to a speaker.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

yo .02 + my .02 = good stuff!!!!!!  :^

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Guest MegaloManiac

gain settings turn your volume to the highest you can without distorting.

find the voltage you need, Sq Root of (impedance x Power)

example, i Have a dual 2 ohm RE SX I am goin to wire it at 1 ohm and i want to runn 1100watts off my nine1. so multiply 1 X 1100 = 1100 now sq root that which equals approx 33.17....thats the voltage you are lookin for from the speaker terminals. now once you got ur voltage in ur head plug in ur DMM(digital multimeter) into the speaker terminals on the amp(make sure no speaker wires are plugged into the sub)  now set the DMM to AC voltage, and play a 50hz(0db)  testone. while that tone is playing start turning your gain up until u see the voltage necessary :)

yo .02 + my .02 = good stuff!!!!!! :^

;)
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

yo .02 + my .02 = good stuff!!!!!!   :^

noooooo it equals .04 duhhh

aaaaaaa math ftmfl

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer