Second Skin Audio

fi/psi 18 enclosure

I need help designing a box for a fi/psi 18 the motor is from a old fi bl motor. It will be going in a nissan xterra I want it to be tuned between 30-32hz. Also can I get some help on wiring direct leads in parallel on the inside of the box?

Well first you need to post max dimensions and the power you plan on using to give the designers a good idea of what they have to work with. As for connecting the direct leads inside the box,you can use some ring terminals and a screw/nut combo or just run them to their own connection point on the box.That way you can wire outside the box if you ever want to change ohm loads.Thats what I did.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

It will be hooked up to a crescendo bc2000 I will get measurements in the morning. Thanks for the advice man I will definitely try that.

Okay just got the sub today! Here are the dimensions in 3 ft x 6 in for the width, 2ft for the depth I made an amp rack that takes up depth space if more space is needed I will remove it and mount the amp to the box once its built and the height is 1ft x 4 inches and that is right below the window line. Thank you for the help.

Edited by SMZ2

Aight man I can get a measurement of the max depth tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it'll only give me a few inches like 2 or 3 because the amp rack is pushed up against the seat

Whats going on man? Glad to hear you got that beast in finally. I will post a link to Torre's box calc below. That may help out with dimensions. I have seen some great boxes designed here on SMD and hopefully I can see this PSI slammin in a sick box here soon. Ray, Kranny, Ram_Designs, and Crandis16's info has helped me understand boxes quite a bit more and not to mention Torre's great invention. I have seen some of Dave the Box Guy's work on YouTube and he has some quality work for sure.

http://www.mediafire...w40an4l5ygh56g8

-James

**edit**

Tuned in for the box

:popcorn:

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Okay my depth without the amp rack is 2ft x 7 inches to the top of the seat that was with the trunk closed all the way to the trunk. and 3 ft all the way at the bottom of my seats the seats sit at an angle. Hopefully this added space will help design an appropriate enclosure. Thank you.

If someone could tell me how many cubes he may need to have for this sub I will probably mess around in Torres a little bit later today. More on the 4.5 cube side or one the big side near 6 cubes.

@smz2: did the sub come with a spec sheet? Like displacment and all?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Nah it didn't come with a specs sheet... but I could take some measurements