22 or 24?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. 22 or 24?

• 22 inch
    • 24 inch

So I feel it is time to upgrade from my old 17 inch crt monitor... have wanted to go lcd for a long time, but something always has come up that has needed my $$$.... last time it was my mobo frying.... but anyways, I have heard some people say on reviews and stuff that a 24 inch monitor was too big, and the response times just weren't good enough, even with the 2ms ones, but I don't see that with the 22's. So I am basically deciding between a 22 inch in the upper $200 range, or this 24 inch

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824112011

Its kinda interesting, but the cheapest 24 inch is the only one I really like, the other more expensive ones have atleast one thing that I don't like about them, such as a higher response time, or lower contrast ratio. BTW I play generally FPS's and RTS's... so a pretty good range of needs... But I like a lot of resolution for web browsing etc too... so what do you guys think? I know atleast some of you have 24 inchers...

I currently game on my 22" Acer with a 5 ms responce time. Hasent caused any problems what so ever. I also use it for my 360, looks great. I would go with the 22 just because you save like $150 and for that extra 2" it just isent worth it.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

The difference in cost would only be about $40 for me, so it isn't really that much... (if I get a 22 it would be one of the more expensive ones) The main thing I am worried about is lag etc with the bigger screen that I have heard some have problems with, but 22 is as small as I am going. But I do like the extra resolution with the 24... (1920x1200 vs. 1680x1050... which is actually sorta close to 1080p)

I used a 24'' one at circuit city, that thing is a MONSTER, i'd highly recommend it. I just got a 21'' for Christmas and its big enough for me :)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

My setup:

l_4ce003c3e0133585c405a13a18ef193a.jpg

22in FTW. Now one thing to remember, you need to have a video card and processor that can handle the higher resolution that the bigger screen demands. If not everything will look like complete garbage. It will be all glitchy and laggy.

I used to work at circuit city and although the gateway and samsung 24 in monitors blew my mind, I ended up getting the 22in proview. It was around 250 and it looks really good. Believe me. I also do online gaming and it is nasty. Only thing else you will have problems with is being so close to the monitor and you will find yourself having to move your head around looking at diff parts. Other than that I watch all my movies on it and play all my games on it and it is beautiful.

x2!!!

Make sure your system is suitable for the monitor resolution or its just pointless. I mean if not your looking at upgrading computer hardware too.

Either way 2 inches isnt TOO much of a difference (not saying it isnt) but if you can add the extra resolution by going the 2 inches larger I would recommend it. I mean why go small now when you know your just going to wish you wanted the bigger one lol

I love my 20" apple and yea i would love bigger but there is no way i'm getting rid of my monitor lol. its was 799 when i bought it... OUCH!!! now they only 599... lol

S5000888.jpg

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

My system should do fine, ive got 8600gts and a 4600... I kinda cheaped out on the processor but I was in a tight spot when I was forced to upgrade. I will be upgrading a bit more sometime in the not too distant future though. So I was pretty much set on the 24 inch, but then one of my buddies offered me his 30 gallon 2 running hp air compressor for $170... (ive been using it for quite a while actually) So I guess I am going to have to go for 22 or wait more for a 24... ill have to see what kind of $$$ I can come up with here soon. Thanks for all the responses guys.