Second Skin Audio

be honest, what do you think?

john, thanks for the box specs but the max depth i can go is 17" i specaily love the one in post 20 of yours. maybe i can find a way to slightly modify it to fit and still have the same tuning and close to the same port and chamber volume.

try to keep your port opening at least 4-6" away from the rear lift gate.

when i compete i fold the seat down and give it the space it needs. 4.5" between the port and back hatch door was the best at 144 51hz. facing up where it had nothing in the way did a 144.5 at 44hz.

also since my currect box ( specs below ) is tuned to 43hz but i peaked at 44hz with it sub and port up wouldnt a lower tunning between 35-40hz be better?

in the bellow box specs ( current box ) i forgot to put in that the port has 3 common walls. putting the common port walls changes the tuning to 43.66hz box net volume to 3.94cuft with 67 cu ft of port

box45hzsnip.png

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i was considering doing that with the design i posted in first post.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ID REALLY GET RID OF THE CAP :vava:

planning on it but untill i get more money it stays. it helps out a little but.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

rf7.png

rf6.png

ok, same design as this box ^^ but with different specs made to fit into my hatch. gotta make some final measurement of the hatch to make sure it will clear the part the back seat latches to. its. 75" wider then my current box and im just not sure it will clear the latch peice.

newboxmaybe.png

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

the box from the torres specs in post #27 of mine

will add 2-3 threaded rods between the subs evenly space for bracing.

also rounding all the edges of the port with a router and doing a 45 in the port corner.

boxnewmaybe.png

maybenewboxinside.png

should i have the port furthest back or closest to the front? furthest back would put it right up against the hatch door facing up right at the glass.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

With port to the hatch side, exactly how far are we talking about? Does the glass really interfere with the flow of air, or is it far enough away from the port that it would be a smooth path for some airflow? My suggestion, just on pure theory, would be that the port to the back of the vehicle would be loudest, assuming it has the room to breathe. It could make for really nice velocity and flow if the port has the room to breathe and air can travel up that glass.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

the port would have of plenty of space. the window would be at about a 80degree angle compared to the port and slightly angles more towards the top (window has a slight curve).

i figured aiming the port at the glass would be loudest since the airflow would just roll right off the glass and towards the front. there is a wiper motor right at the bottom of the glass but since the box is only .25" deeper then the current box so i know the wiper wouldnt block the port any. would be close but wouldnt block it, the wiper motor doesnt work anyways and is gonna get taken out and the hole in the glass for the wiper arm is gonna get plugged anyways. just got to find a plug for the hole that will fit right for a good tight seal.

what do you guys think about getting a second t1500.1bdcp to run each sub off their own amp? of course i wouldnt be doing this untill i get 2 xspower batts, mostly likely the d3400's. of course i would need the gain set correctly since i would be pushing between 1500-1800 per sub. im sure sound deadening the whole trunk, the rest of the headliner and the back doors would help. did the hatch door front doors and front half of the headliner. < the front was done first because i got a dynamat door kit for free from a freind and i was putting the t16x8's in so i did the doors while i had it apart.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived