Second Skin Audio

be honest, what do you think?

^^ great you said his name and mentioned another brand the fun is over lmao

i get some good deals from a local shop because of the money i spend there and the money they know im gonna keep spending there. i dont pay retail for anything, not even the wood i buy. and im keeping as much of the build rockford as possible. and i was thinking the same on the strapping 2 1000.1bdcp and i have thought about using 2 1500.1bdcp's and strapping them but once my elelectrical is completed and im holding closer to 14.4 volt i would be getting somewhere between 1500-1700 per sub and i would rather sit closer to 1200 then that. i know i said i get a good price on the stuff but still dont want to be replacing subs/repairing subs to often. i know it can be done safely for a good amount of time but with the way my luck goes i would be replacing it sooner then not. i had a single t2 12 on my 1500.1bd last me about 7 months but i got greedy and try to get another tenth of a db and turned the gain up a hair and smoked the sub. of course that was over a year ago and i have learned a lot since then i just dont want to take to many chances as i have a son on the way and im saving to buy a house

Just be sure to keep your gains at a safe level and have the extra sound quality, efficiency, and headroom bigger amps than the application requires provides. You don't have to sell your current amp that way either. Otherwise, you're only limiting yourself in the long run.

I'm gonna hate

^ yeah in know i would be limiting myself that one thing that holds be back from buying the 2 t1000.1bdcp because i kinda want to go with 4 12s and a wall so that i can push past the 150 mark. getting another 1500.1 would be a step in the 150 marks direction. then 2 more t2 12s and a wall build and i should have it with more power storage.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

^ yeah in know i would be limiting myself that one thing that holds be back from buying the 2 t1000.1bdcp because i kinda want to go with 4 12s and a wall so that i can push past the 150 mark. getting another 1500.1 would be a step in the 150 marks direction. then 2 more t2 12s and a wall build and i should have it with more power storage.

I like the sound of this so much. Give me all of your Rockford gear and I'll do it for you in my car!

I'm gonna hate

lol, yeah sure how much you paying for it? oh and you have to cover the shipping to. i just want to do it so i can say i did it lol.

i would go to 2 15s but i do need to first gett my wifes pontaic working right and tags/insurance on it before i can take the back seat out so that i would have the room for the 15s lol. besides 4 t2 12s and 2 t1500.1bd all packed up into a walled out focus would just be stupid loud. would end up spending another good 2k-3k between subs wood, batteries and sound deadening but i could just about have everything i need by next summer or atleast i could if we werent trying to get into a house.

by the way akslowroller, any bass comps up there in fairbanks? i need to go to alteast 1 more this summer hopefully atleast 2 more. ive been doing about 3 comps a year so i want to keep up with that rate or better but there just isnt enough competitions up here in ak.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

lol, yeah sure how much you paying for it? oh and you have to cover the shipping to. i just want to do it so i can say i did it lol.

i would go to 2 15s but i do need to first gett my wifes pontaic working right and tags/insurance on it before i can take the back seat out so that i would have the room for the 15s lol. besides 4 t2 12s and 2 t1500.1bd all packed up into a walled out focus would just be stupid loud. would end up spending another good 2k-3k between subs wood, batteries and sound deadening but i could just about have everything i need by next summer or atleast i could if we werent trying to get into a house.

by the way akslowroller, any bass comps up there in fairbanks? i need to go to alteast 1 more this summer hopefully atleast 2 more. ive been doing about 3 comps a year so i want to keep up with that rate or better but there just isnt enough competitions up here in ak.

*and surgical eardrum replacement

I'm gonna hate

what about fear of the drum replacement? im a little hard of hearing from all the possible bass coming from my possible walled out focus. lmao

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

what about fear of the drum replacement? im a little hard of hearing from all the possible bass coming from my possible walled out focus. lmao

Don't worry man your ears are just pre-gaming, gettin ready for the storm, you'll be good once it's installed and slammin' that way!

I'm gonna hate

god now im just realy having a hard time reading i think its from all the vibrations of the posible setup. or maybe im just getting overly excited lol.

now i realy do want to do it lmao.. i even have a buddy that could help me out with a wall build seeing as to he has done a wall or 2 before

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

god now im just realy having a hard time reading i think its from all the vibrations of the posible setup. or maybe im just getting overly excited lol.

now i realy do want to do it lmao.. i even have a buddy that could help me out with a wall build seeing as to he has done a wall or 2 before

Then what's the issue? If I could build a wall or had someone around me that has experience and could bail me out of an F-up I would jump on it! It's an intense setup, you're not feeling vibrations of a possible setup, IT IS YOUR DESTINY! :P

But seriously, that would be wicked. I'd totally go for it, all that power in a little Focus would be ridiculous- I'd need a few BTLs to get that loud in my SUV.

I'm gonna hate

Archived