Sundown Audio

cadence amps?

not to thread jack, but if the cadence amps are good, what about their amp kits? 0 gauge real true gauge similar to stinger, but half the cost?

DO NOT BUY THE KIT!!!!!!! I am cool with getting there normal CCA 1/0 buy the foot, but I will never ever suggest getting their kit. This is from my new build log.

I had a problem with my Cadence 1/0 kit last summer in that it seemed small. So when I ripped it out of the Malibu, I took some other wire to compare it to. From left to right, it goes: RF 1/0 OFC, Cadence 1/0 OFC bought by the foot, Cadence 1/0 OFC from the WK01 kit, some no name 2AWG battery cable, then Lightning Audio 4 AWG. See the difference in the 2 cadence wires?

2012-03-22_22-39-46_844.jpg

i dont know what cadence people are getting, but the 50ft of it i had was just about the size of Knu CCA almost, thin jacket, lots of stands.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i dont know what cadence people are getting, but the 50ft of it i had was just about the size of Knu CCA almost, thin jacket, lots of stands.

That's the thing, if you look in the pic I have, the 3rd wire is like 2 AWG instead of the "1/0" it was supposed to be with a THICK jacket and then the 2nd wire, which was a 25' piece I ordered from AudioSavings, is almost as large as the RF.

Knu for wire IMO. If you're on a budget and HAVE to have OFC then welding wire is ok. Stinger's stuff is small compared to Rockord/Kicker/Knu and costs just as much.

you know what, maybe thats what it was Knu, saw a link here on the site, been out of this stuff for a while and have just always used stinger from back in the day.

do you have a site for them?

EDIT: nvm, got the site. Any you say go with them over stinger?

Edited by jmorlan

Knu for wire IMO. If you're on a budget and HAVE to have OFC then welding wire is ok. Stinger's stuff is small compared to Rockord/Kicker/Knu and costs just as much.

you know what, maybe thats what it was Knu, saw a link here on the site, been out of this stuff for a while and have just always used stinger from back in the day.

Yes. The Stinger HPM just does not compare with Knu. It's flat out bigger (the KnuKonceptz is). I can't think of a reason why the Pro or Level 2 (the red stuff) wire they have would be bigger than the HPM, being that the HPM costs more. Knu has great CS and fast shipping so...I don't see a reason not to buy from them.

Yes. The Stinger HPM just does not compare with Knu. It's flat out bigger (the KnuKonceptz is). I can't think of a reason why the Pro or Level 2 (the red stuff) wire they have would be bigger than the HPM, being that the HPM costs more. Knu has great CS and fast shipping so...I don't see a reason not to buy from them.

Well take it or leave it from me but I have better power transfer with the stinger pro hpm over knu all day. Don't ask me why but my voltage stays better and it's only more expensive it you get it from someone trying to rip u off. We sell stinger 0ga outta my shop 4$ a foot everyday. Maybe it's the quality of the copper. Don't know all I know it voltage drop used to be from 14.9 down to 13.8 and I was using all knu. With a couple short pieces of stinger. Switched to all stinger and now drop to 14.1 at lowest. Checking with 20-50 hz sine wave.

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

The KCA kit is Copper clad Aluminum. The Kolossus Flex kit is OFC.

The KCA won't carry as much current as the Kolo but it's bigger (because aluminum is not as conductive as copper and has to be bigger to carry the same current). It's VERY flexible still and will carry the rated 250 amps just fine. CCA (copper clad aluminum) is cheaper than OFC (oxygen free copper).

I'm using the 4 gauge now and it's just as flexible as the 4 gauge Kolossus but it is clearly bigger which sucks because I had to trim it to fit into 4 gauge amp terminals. It fit ring terminals fine though. I don't see why the 0 gauge would be different.

Well take it or leave it from me but I have better power transfer with the stinger pro hpm over knu all day. Don't ask me why but my voltage stays better and it's only more expensive it you get it from someone trying to rip u off. We sell stinger 0ga outta my shop 4$ a foot everyday. Maybe it's the quality of the copper. Don't know all I know it voltage drop used to be from 14.9 down to 13.8 and I was using all knu. With a couple short pieces of stinger. Switched to all stinger and now drop to 14.1 at lowest. Checking with 20-50 hz sine wave.

It's all good man, use what works best for you. The Stinger HPM 0 gauge that I used was just SOOO much smaller than the Knu it wasn't even funny. Lots of jacket.

Edited by aN-i-No