Second Skin Audio

Design Ideas - Level 3 15 M2's - lets get a box built!

Alright, sorry for the new topic, im sure it has been covered, ive been racking my brain reading up on a design.

I would like some help designing, or your thoughts, on a box for the 2 level 3 15 M2's.

Would like the subs to be firing up, and be tuned around 35hz, will be going in the back of a jeep cherokee, on a brutus 2100, at 1 ohm

I have never built an up-firing box before, so I want to make sure it is done right. the first time.

Also, would like thoughts on a design on a box for a single level 3 15 M2, also tuned around 35hz, slot port, with room for the sub to breathe.

I finally stepped up to the 15s from a Level 4 12 M1, running off 1000watts.

lets get some thoughts and designs out there, I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.

Edited by jmorlan

Sorry, already had those specs in my head, forgot to share. box can be up to 50" wide, and about 24" deep. Would like to stay around 18" on height, so it does not block back window too much.

After all, this is going in my GF's jeep, you know how those women drivers are..

heres the specs I got from Rob, although they seem a bit small. Maybe you guys can verify them.

Width - 36"

Height - 18"

Depth - 20"

Subs firing up, slot port along bottom face of box, 34 1/2" long, 2" tall

With port going back 18" in depth in box, also 4" up

Well I know is not what you wanted but it will work:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz

Vb = 6.5 ft^3

External Height = 18 in

External Width = 49 in

External Depth = 21 in

Port Width = 6 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 49 x 21

Left & Right Sides = 19 1/2 x 15 3/4

2x Front = 21 1/4 x 15 3/4

Back = 49 x 15 3/4

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 16 1/4 x 15 3/4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SUPB-noturm.jpg

Will Do. Thanks!

EDIT: 24" depth is pushing the limits of the rear space, with the port being right up against the back hatch door, will that baffle sound make make it sound like hell?

Edited by jmorlan

Will Do. Thanks!

EDIT: 24" depth is pushing the limits of the rear space, with the port being right up against the back hatch door, will that baffle sound make make it sound like hell?

sub firing towards the back should be louder than firing up, but I feel if the port is that close to the trunk then I don't think it would be as loud, but I may be wrong

Will Do. Thanks!

sub firing towards the back should be louder than firing up, but I feel if the port is that close to the trunk then I don't think it would be as loud, but I may be wrong

15s are a new ball game for me, always just had a single 12 in a slot port box. Everyone keeps saying go with up firing, but, i am not partial to it.

Would be much more simple to build a box with subs firing back and port it down the center, or on the end being i am more familair with it

Ill see if i can upload a pic of my level 4 12 and the box

EDIT: a box like these would be real simple

http://img246.yfrog.com/img246/6968/slotportbox.jpg <---what i have now with a single 12

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2017/middleportbox.jpg

Which style would be recommended, if firing subs back

Edited by jmorlan