6.5 Components for $150 or under

I had a set of Audioque 6.5 components (These http://www.audioque.com/AQ-TS65_p_144.html) but gave them to my brother. They got loud and didn't distort, sounded OK, but I want a little more SQ. I need a new set for $150 or less (preferably less lol). They are to be the front stage in a '99 GMC Jimmy 4dr and will be running off of a Soundstream Reference REF4.400 amp (4x70W @4ohm, 4x100W @2ohm) but I get around 80W @4ohm and 125W @2ohm out of her. I have been looking at the Image Dynamics CTX65CS set, but would like some more suggestions. I don't want this to become a vs. thread in any way, so keep it objective.

I'm gonna hate

I hear that Image Dynamics sound amazing! :)

Maybe you'll be able to pick up a set of the new Sundown components when he opens up the preorder? It's what I wanna do! If you don't need them ASAP, that is.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

that id set is pretty nice for the price other options to look at though are focal access 165a1, arc as mentioned earlier, and i honestly love cadence speakers for the price. if you could add another 100 on the budget you could look into stuff like hat or maybe used hertz morel etc

team chat assholes ftmfcsw

skittlesRgood[/color]' timestamp='1337803095' post='2027302']

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. After a day of deliberation I found a great deal on the ID set ($124.99 with free shipping) on eBay and sprung on them, won't beat them for $125 I doubt. I have heard nothing but good things about ID, Arc, Cadence, and Focal for the most part. The reviews for the 165a1s weren't as favorable as the simply enthusiastic ones for the ID set and many Arc/Cadence sets alike so what the heck. I'll be sure to write up a quick review when I receive and install them! :)

I'm gonna hate

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Love my image dynamics, you can find them on ebay for $125

That's precisely where I got them and precisely what I paid my friend. How do they keep up with your lvl 5s?

I'm gonna hate