Second Skin Audio

Obsidian subs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

way louder, i used to have L7's.

Never getting L7's again, i feed my obsidian 15's 750 rms a piece

and obsidian did a test and the obsidians played at 3000 watts and were fine after

Obsidian 15" D2:

139.8 dB @ 52 Hz with 170 watts

149.2 dB @ 52 Hz with 1900 watts

150.4 dB @ 52 Hz with 3111 watts - no woofer failure. The woofer continues to operate perfectly.

so i should be able to feed a 15 1500-1700 no problems?

Also, do you happen to know/have a rough idea of the specs of the box and what vehicle this was in? Due to the extremely low price, I'm stuck between 1 15 (all i can fit if i go 15s, and I've never ran a 15, so I'm interested in doing so) or go with a pair of their 12s...im tempted to go with 1 15 if i buy new subs though, mainly cuz it will typically be the cheapest route. So if 1 15 Obsidian will withhold 1500-1700w RMS daily for music...ill just get one of those....the price is definitely right.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I would say that 1000 watts daily of CLEAN power is pushing it. That test was a short test where they had two woofers hooked up and they turned up the volume until one of the woofers failed (the woofer that failed in this case was an FLXX 15").

I'd say that if you knew what you were doing, 1000 watts daily. 1500 for burps.

If you were planning on running 1500 watts, play it safe and get 2 12's.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Im thinking i may just find a single 12 to run 1700w RMS to, it may be nice to have some trunk back.....which will be odd, since i havent had one in about 5 years.....

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

was looking at the Q or the BL...not quite sure which yet. Also have been looking at something from TC...ive always wanted one of their subs....I think when i finally get myself some monitors for my room (for mixing down recordings) I'm going to buy a TC Epic 10" and do a T-Line....cheaper than buying a studio subwoofer that will give similar performance. But I've been looking at either the Fi Q, Fi BL, AQ, or a TC Axis 12" if i go single 12...If i want to save trunk space for once, ill go single 12, if not, I'm going to a 15.

I love my Epic 10, cleanest sounding sub I've heard. Crystal clear.

thats why i plan to use one in an enclosure for a home studio setup. I can buy the amp and driver, and design and build the box for less than a good 10" 500w studio sub, and this will probably sound just as good as the JBL10", yamaha 10" or KRK10 i was looking at, but i got some time till i can afford monitors and all that....dont have time to work when I'm at school as often as i am.

Archived