Made some more progress on the lights before work. Got the rings for the angel eyes glued in. Need to wait 24hrs for that to cure before I can do anything else

FOT21F6_zpsab8988fa.jpg

• 4 months later...

Yup slowest progress ever. Hoping to have them done this weekend

Looks sketchy but small hyperdermic syringes work great for dispensing epoxy in small amounts

WP_20150409_003_zps06ebc859.jpg

The jist of it has been tacking in place with CA glue to check that everything is centered

WP_20150409_004_zpsc5e77ea6.jpg

And if it is, secure it in place with epoxy

WP_20150409_006_zpsdc08c187.jpg

FOT5AA2_zps56d09c1b.jpg

FOT3CF1_zps6e45f978.jpg

I also scraped a handful of gunk, the old sealer out of the seam where the two halves of my headlight seat together

WP_20150409_008_zps12810d6f.jpg

Hoping to have the rest done this weekend. Here's what's left:

Wait for epoxy to dry

Assemble lens in headlights

Dry fit headlights to car to check they are level. Adjust as needed

Seal them up

Wire up the relay controller, plugs, etc.. Also need to wire in the halos to my running lights.

Put it all back together

Done

It's a pain taking these out though. Old brittle plastic clips always give me grief

• 3 months later...

Ok well everything is on hold now. I was planning to rip everything out and start walling this Sunday... Then I get this in the mail. Subie may have a blown head gasket again... After 20k miles.... Pissed is an understatement. Going to send in another analysis in 2000 miles and see if there's an upward trend or if it's just some contamination. Until that happens I'm not doing anything else to this car because if it is a blown head gasket, I'm selling it. Don't have the money to keep blowing at this stuff every couple years and I will have put more into the head gaskets than the KBB value of the car.

So..... Wish me luck

Capture_zpsl8okx8y8.png

Ok well everything is on hold now. I was planning to rip everything out and start walling this Sunday... Then I get this in the mail. Subie may have a blown head gasket again... After 20k miles.... Pissed is an understatement. Going to send in another analysis in 2000 miles and see if there's an upward trend or if it's just some contamination. Until that happens I'm not doing anything else to this car because if it is a blown head gasket, I'm selling it. Don't have the money to keep blowing at this stuff every couple years and I will have put more into the head gaskets than the KBB value of the car.

So..... Wish me luck

Capture_zpsl8okx8y8.png

um, WTF?

best of luck with it bud

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Ah man, that sucks. If it comes down to it, have you thought about what you'd be replacing the Subie with?

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Ah man, that sucks. If it comes down to it, have you thought about what you'd be replacing the Subie with?

Not sure yet. If it ends up being a bad head gasket I'll probably just run the subie into the ground. Change oil often, try to keep the coolant level down. Should last a good couple years that way. Will figure the rest out then

Not sure yet. If it ends up being a bad head gasket I'll probably just run the subie into the ground. Change oil often, try to keep the coolant level down. Should last a good couple years that way. Will figure the rest out then

Sounds like you got it all figured out. TIME TO WALL!

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

• 5 weeks later...

Well ladies and gents.... I've had an ongoing laundry list of things to do with this car, and someone backing into it in a parking lot (hit and run) is the final nail in the coffin.

Did some hard thinking, and as much as I love the way this car drives, it's not worth putting any more $$ into. I want something where any sort of mod isn't a slough of custom work and a headache. Also looking for something with more power and can tow.

Ima be car shopping for the next few months, should have something different in early 2016.

Thanks for all the compliments, ideas, and support on the Subie, it's been a blast the whole time :D

Bummer, dude...that sucks.

Good luck on the search....we'll be waiting... :unknw:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived