Sonic Electronix

given everything else stays the same (such as net box volume, and tuning) the one with the larger port will have a peakier response with worse cone control away from tuning.

i went from a port that was WAY too small, to about 15in/cube and it made a world of difference.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

you can't have different port areas and same lengths.....

A more reasonable comparison would be same tuning with different amounts of port, lets say 30hz using a 8" psp port and a 6". Same internal volume. Typically your 8" will need to be long to achieve the same tuning. There is a point of diminishing value when going bigger on ports.

The general rule of thumb I've seen and practiced is 2-3sqin less with round ports over slots. Much less turbulence with round ports.

Port area and tuning should be decided on using the tsp's of the driver and the sheer compliance of the softparts used.

which post are you referring to? OP said different port area and length. I said same net volume and tuning, different port area....so yeah, who you talking to exactly?

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

which post are you referring to? OP said different port area and length. I said same net volume and tuning, different port area....so yeah, who you talking to exactly?

Its a generalized statement. This was posted on another forum and deleted. Almost the same sn, only thing was op talking about same lengths in that thread.

Net volume changes with occupation of port, thus tuning changes....

Its a generalized statement. This was posted on another forum and deleted. Almost the same sn, only thing was op talking about same lengths in that thread.

Net volume changes with occupation of port, thus tuning changes....

you don't know the difference between net volume and gross volume apparently.

Net volume means after everything is taken away, wood, bracing, sub displacement, port displacement, that is your net. Before all that is your gross volume.

The GROSS volume will change, but I'm talking about net volume remaining the same. So if net is same, and tuning, yes, port area and volume can change, since that will change the GROSS volume of the enclosure, not the NET volume.

Edited by siucsaluki11

All the OP wants to know is if 2 boxes that are the exact same dimensions but with 2 different size aero ports would sound the same or different.If different then what would be the difference.He says the tuning and everything is the same.Would there be a difference due to different size port area?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I think we get that...and the only thing I would say was already said by sani. I noticed a much peakier response with more port, and love using 16-22^2 per cube for port. Due to restrictions on space on my current build, I'm down to 12^2 per.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?