I'm a little pressed for cash right now (very, very pressed haha) so buying a new exhaust for my bike isn't high on the priority list, but I still want to see if I can get some more power out of the stock muffler, or have a nicer sound if anything. Drilling out the rivets to get inside will be simple enough, but is there anything I can do on the inside that would increase power?

Repack it, bet the stock packing is probably about toast. A fresh repack will likely be the biggest difference you'll see until you go aftermarket. I wouldnt waste my time shortening or anything else.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Please dont be a tool that makes their stock exhaust loud by hacking it up. Louder doesnt equal faster

Repack it like he said and save for an aftermarket setup

I hate seeing loud bikes that don't go like they sound. It's one thing if it goes like stink, but I heavily prefer tone over volume. So we're on the same page about tools haha.

But, I'd like to know if anyone has actually modified a stock exhaust on a 250 and achieved performance gains. I've heard of it being done on a ~2006 YFZ450, and a dyno showed gains throughout the RPM range, peaking at around 3HP on the top end (with re-jetting and stock air filter). I obviously want to get in on what I can with the stock exhaust.