Sonic Electronix

just clamped my xplod 1000w amp....???????

I clamped my kenwood 9105d yesterday. Clipped I get 51.3v and 13.2A at 40hz, im tuned around 32-35hz. Hatch open car at idle so mad voltage drop, probably 11.8v so 677watts and 3.9ohm rise from 1.9ohm at rest. now if i could only find my dd-1 cd and a friend to rev the engine,i can see what it does un-clipped.

your voltage drop triumphs all 51.3 to 11.8 holy shit lol

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

my voltage drop wasnt that bad..... went from 13.6 to 13.0-13.2...... i was sittin at idle too

whats your electrical like?

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I clamped my kenwood 9105d yesterday. Clipped I get 51.3v and 13.2A at 40hz, im tuned around 32-35hz. Hatch open car at idle so mad voltage drop, probably 11.8v so 677watts and 3.9ohm rise from 1.9ohm at rest. now if i could only find my dd-1 cd and a friend to rev the engine,i can see what it does un-clipped.

to rev your engine, use 1 side of a clothes pin, and stick it in between the throttle stop, and where the cable attaches. the farther in the higher the rpms

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Stock 65a alt, 1/0 ground from alt to strut, 1/0 from bat to alt. 6ga and 4ga to back battery, 4ga ground from batt to strut in back. Let me explain why i have a 6ga and 4ga pos wire. The car had a 6ga already and i got a really good deal on some 4ga so i just added it. Anyway 4ga to 9105d and 8ga to a kenwood 8405 plus a carputer, a ep2x, other stuff. it all adds up. But yeah, new alt soon and some 1/0 to replace the other stuff.

edit, i'm going to go burp with the car running real quick, i never actually looked at the meter. I'll report back, it may have been higher than that.

my bad, i just dropped to 12.5v idle, but that was for a 3 second burp. Probably still dropped to low low 12's during my testing.

edit i'm at work, so i will be back on later.

my voltage drop wasnt that bad..... went from 13.6 to 13.0-13.2...... i was sittin at idle too

whats your electrical like?

I would hope there is almost no voltage drop with only 400 watts lol. If you go below 13 then something is wrong. Or your clipping to hell.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I will admit i was clipped pretty good, i mean 670+ @4ohms off a amp rated at 500, yeah clipped. That's why i want to find my dd-1 disc, i don't trust those test tones i can download for free.

lol these older subaru's have notoriously weak charging systems..... its all the way they put them together..... they painted the frame and engine bay before attaching grounds so all of them had to be redone as well as a horrible choice in wiring lol. i beefed up all the charging system wiring and went to town chasing bad grounds through out the system. at first i could have my headlights , wiper, blower, and blinker on and the voltage would be bout 11.2...... no system. when i had the system going it was in the 10s and making the idle VERY low so it would almost stall. now i can sit at idle with everything on ( without stereo) and maybe go down to 12.9 from 13.6 which isnt bad. with nothing on and system going when driving i have NO voltage drop at all.

edit : stock 85 amp alt too lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

lol these older subaru's have notoriously weak charging systems..... its all the way they put them together..... they painted the frame and engine bay before attaching grounds so all of them had to be redone as well as a horrible choice in wiring lol. i beefed up all the charging system wiring and went to town chasing bad grounds through out the system. at first i could have my headlights , wiper, blower, and blinker on and the voltage would be bout 11.2...... no system. when i had the system going it was in the 10s and making the idle VERY low so it would almost stall. now i can sit at idle with everything on ( without stereo) and maybe go down to 12.9 from 13.6 which isnt bad. with nothing on and system going when driving i have NO voltage drop at all.

edit : stock 85 amp alt too lol

"This is an 87 Honda, How dare you!" But seriously, un-clipped i rarely see below 13.5 with the revs up and 13.1 idle. And sorry o.p. i didn't mean to thread jack, honestly!

Archived