Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ya I noticed on that I used 16" not 16.25" that I needed, so technically its all wrong. But yes in that mock up is 16 in depth not 16.25 that I need. I was building the box and noticed it. But yes now I have come up with the correct 14 and 22. I will be posting yet another box design shortly. lol. That is why I love SMD. You learn so much. Thanks.

Posted

Hey what do ya know with the proper depth and using the center of the port I came up with center 14" and 22"

and for the wood pieces 11" and 19 3/4". Thanks a lot. Finished box coming up soon!

Posted (edited)

If I add this 45 will it change anything?

EDIT: The 45 in the port

centerportw45.png

Edited by tlh_360
Posted

There will be a small difference that you don't need to be concerned about. BUT it is very important that the 45 does not narrow the port below 3". It's also important to round or slant the inner corner, Take a look:

OptCorrner.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yup had the rounded but did have to make the 45 a tad smaller. It was like 2 53/64. now its 3 5/32 so should have nice flow.

The 45 is 1.75" in width if that matters.

portcenter45.png

Edited by tlh_360
Posted (edited)

funny that people are more concerned with top to bottom brace but neglect to brace the 32" wide back panel that is very prone to flexing

i would add a dowel the width of the port centered to back panel centered to height to keep that panel stiff, and it will stiffen that long port wall better as well

my ZV3 is in 3.5cuft@32hz with 50sqin and its pretty ridiculous for a single 15" on a crescendo3500@1ohm

If I were to rebuild my box I would go down to 3.25cuft, raise tuning to 33/34 and leave port area the same

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 284 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...