Second Skin Audio

Sundow Z v.3 15 Box Help

Ok so like the title says this is fo a Z v.3 15. This will be my first box disigned and to be built myself. Please dont be harsh lol. However any help/adjustments would be greatly appreciated. If this box is a toatl bust my max dimensions are 32" w x 18" t x 16" d if you could suggest anything better. Thanks in advanced.

SPECS:

torres.png

BOX:

box.png

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It will also be ran off a brz.1700 and an upgrade to a crescendo bc2000 when more funds come in. It's all going into a dodge charger.....If that helps.

Edited by tlh_360

You'll need to double up the front so tick baffle in Torres

You'll need bracing as well so that will be around 0.02-0.03cuft (3/4 or 1" round bar)

Put a 45's in the the port and opposed side to port(not needed on front as double baffled but you can still put)

Other that port is all good at 16-17sq" per ft port

And power that with 15-1800rms and you'll be fine, if you want 2k+ drop the net to 2.5net 19sq" per ft port

Alright I'll mock it up when I get home later today. Should I put a round brace between the rear port wall and the back wall of the box? I think in just gunna build the 2.5 box now that way I don't have to build two boxes. Would the 2.5ft^3 with 19sq" of port be alright with only 1700 rms?

Alright I'll mock it up when I get home later today. Should I put a round brace between the rear port wall and the back wall of the box? I think in just gunna build the 2.5 box now that way I don't have to build two boxes. Would the 2.5ft^3 with 19sq" of port be alright with only 1700 rms?

Don't think that brace is necessary, but if you really want to do some bracing. a bit larger 45 on the port walls would do a good job without interfering the port airflow.

Ok it took some crunching lol but how is this.

SPECS:

box25-----34hz------1899.png

BOX:

box25-----34hz------1899sketch.png

box25-----34hz------1899sketch2.png

What do you think. The only thing I can think of is only having 4" between end of port and the side wall. Will that be ok since its larger than the 3" port width? Also I dont know how to do 45's on sketchup but I figured there would be 3-4. 2, 45's along the back two corners(in port area), 1 right behind the sub, and maybe 1 on the front wall( right of the sub cut out) depending on what you guys think.

EDIT: This box is 2.53 cubes, 34.40 hz, and 18.99 sq". It's kinda small to read.

Edited by tlh_360

Make the brace closer to the sub cutout, and do a vertical one as well to brace the top/bottom of the box. There are 1.25" dowels at Home Depot.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...