Db Drag or Bass Race?

Twostrokeking

I have my first competition this weekend, it costs 25 to enter either category or 40 for both. I can't afford both and I am leaning towards Bass race, I was just wondering what you guys would do. The DB drag confuses me a lot. What song would you play for bass race? can it be on a USB or does it have to be a CD?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

it used to have to be a cd that was bought, now i think it can be anything. songs just depends on vehicle go with some decaf.

Cool thanks. so would u do bass race or DB drag? i guess i dont really understand the difference between them

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Do you know your peak frequency? Max SPL?

Nope, don't know any of it haha its my first competition and first time on the meter.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

db drag is just burping a tone.

bassrace is a 30sec avg on music.

u should be able to test before the comp starts, make sure u choose a song with a solid continuous bass line.

if u can only bassrace like a 136 or something u would want to be in the 120-120.9 class, if u can bassrace a 141 u would want to do the 130-139.9 class, etc...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

The way I understan

Do you know your peak frequency? Max SPL?

The way I understand it bass race you play a bass song and they take your average score? But you play a song of your choosing? dB drag you play frequencies and they take your highest score?? How do you know what frequency and all that to play though? Like I said I am leaning towards bass race.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

If you don't know your numbers, do dbdrag. Its just highest spl possible on a burp. The judges will tell you what class you're in. For practice/qualifying, find your peak freq. Use a tone to burp that freq in dbdrag. That will help you determine your bassrace class for next time.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

bassrace would be the most fun but its also the most difficult for a new competitor its a 30 second average but the goal is get a 129.9 or a 139.9 or a 149.9 and for the really loud guys 159.9 at the end of 30 seconds WITH OUT going over and its extremely easy to go over or (bust out) if you bust out in an elimination round your done you lost

db drag is a peak hold your highest spl you get 30 seconds to post your loudest number but only need 2 seconds if you know what your doing you don't have to play the entire 30 seconds and your class will depend on your install

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived