Sonic Electronix

Whats wrong here? Amp making a really loud whine

So i had another 4 chan hooked up before i swapped my amps. then i made a swap and immediately im getting a loud whining noise but only when the car is turned on. i tried replacing the rca wires and it made a very small difference but not to much. Someone told me to try a ground isolator, so i borrowed one and tried it and its still whining terribly loud. Any ideas on what i can try would be great. Thanks

The amp is making the whine sound? Or the speakers hooked up are making a loud whine?

Does it increase with engine RPMS?

it slightly increases when i accel, but not always. it sounds like the whines coming through the speakers but its loudest when the trunk is open so thats why i assumed the amp. it is a pioneer head unit 70.99 special. i seperated the rcas from the power when i tried a new set but it only helped the noise a very little. even when the headunit volume is at 00 the whine seems the loudest, as i turn the volume up it seems to slowly go away but still very evident

Try a different head unit. My buddy was having a similar issue with a Pioneer head unit. He changed it out and the problem went away

is your amp grounded properly? it might be the problem,

edit: double check all your grounds and if you can upgrade the wire it will be better, alternator whine is not always a deck issue

Edited by Miguels