Second Skin Audio

New box design, How's it look? ***changes made***

newbox.png

I plan on useing a double baffle and two 3/4" dowel rods for bracing. I also compensated for 45s in each corner

Edit: It's for on 12" DC lvl 4 on about 1500wrms

Edited by Crandis16

A lot of members on here have tested 45's and have proven that 99% of the time they hurt output on the TL. And if your doing double baffle, make sure you add another 3/4" to your depth dimension.

Bigger box but tune a tad higher.

Like 1.9-2 tuned to 34-35

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

you can't really test to see if 45's hurt the score easily. you can't keep all things equal. you'd have to have two boxes, one of them has to be larger by exact amount of volume that the 45's take up, and even then there are going to be other factors that have to play into it. like dimensions of the box, port area, etc.

i've seen people gain from putting a 45 in their highest pressure point. i agree that putting 45's in every corner is a bit redundant, but in some places, it might not hurt.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I'm just stating what I have been told from very reputable sources. I have not done any testing myself but the people I have talked to about it have enough experience for me not to question their results. I will say that they can add strength to the corners of the box and unless your competing, you probobly wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

i'm just saying that you can't always trust what you hear ;) haha but yeah, bigger box, tune higher.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

A lot of members on here have tested 45's and have proven that 99% of the time they hurt output on the TL. And if your doing double baffle, make sure you add another 3/4" to your depth dimension.

doesn't torres consider the extra baffle when finding net volume? and I was going to use 45's to brace the corners, but do you think resining the inside and dowel rods will be enough?

the bigger box will make for louder lows?

doesn't torres consider the extra baffle when finding net volume? and I was going to use 45's to brace the corners, but do you think resining the inside and dowel rods will be enough?

the bigger box will make for louder lows?

Yes Torres does account for the extra baffle, my mistake lol I had a brain fart.

Now the resin alone won't add any strength, you need to add fiberglass mat or cloth to add strength, but the dowel rod will add strength.

i'm just saying that you can't always trust what you hear ;) haha but yeah, bigger box, tune higher.

I trust myself and especially trust what Alpine and Ray say. There's more than a handful who have tested the 45's. I wouldn't use them.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow